installing OS to drive on SATA port #2

bobmiers

Fellows

This will be a quick response as my wife and I are going to be gone today and will be leaving within the hour.

Tomorrow I will write a full report and will try to be specific.

Fernando: No I'm not using RAID.

John: I also found the ECS site(s) to be extremely slow. I left the clock.avi removal as defaulted in nLite ie. to be removed and once again I do not get the error - a real weird condition.

I only got the BSOD after the 1st reboot during the installation process ie. when the 1st Windows logo with the "please wait" should appear.

More later,

Bob Miers

Tomorrow I will write a full report and will try to be specific.
That would be much appreciated.
Fernando: No I'm not using RAID.
Then I cannot understand why you have integrated the SATARAID driver folder. This should only be done, if you want to get XP installed onto a RAID, and is absolutely useless for your system.

If you want to get the nForce SATA driver installed (instead of the generic MS IDE driver), you should either integrate the SATA_IDE driver folder (as PnP driver) or run the installer of a complete nForce chipset driverpack once XP is up.

Regards

Fernando

Fernando 1, if you will DL and look at the text mode driver, I think you will see that the ECS driver is mixed SATARAID. Only one .inf file, so I guess you get both whether you need the RAID or not. I attach the file so you can look at it. I have deleted the DLLs and the SYS file so it will fit. Enjoy, John.

Fernando 1, if you will DL and look at the text mode driver, I think you will see that the ECS driver is mixed SATARAID. Only one .inf file, so I guess you get both whether you need the RAID or not. I attach the file so you can look at it. I have deleted the DLLs and the SYS file so it will fit.
I don't think, that you are right.

1. The SATARAID driver folder is only suitable for nForce RAID systems.

2. The driver you have uploaded will not be installable at all because of the missing files. The files you have deleted are absolutely necessary for a proper installation. Look into the associated INF file and you will see the reason. The XP Setup hardware detection will not accept this driver.

3. nForce chipset users, who want to get the nForce SATA driver installed, have to load the SATA_IDE driver folder.

Regards

Fernando

Fernando 1, the reason I deleted the files is simply to allow me to attach the 7z file to the forum (limit is 200 kB), not for someone to use. They would have to DL the file from ECS. You may well be correct, I will not be able to test it either, but if you look in the txtsetup.oem, you will see a number of references to Sata1. I assume this means it supports SATA - could be wrong. The reason I think this must be the drivers for both is that it looks like the only text mode driver on the ECS site for the board. Enjoy, John.

@ johnhc:

The SATARAID driver folder of all nForce chipset driverpacks does contain both nForce SATA and RAID drivers (=SYS files), but only the INF file of the RAID Controller (here: NVRD32.INF). The NVRAID.INF file (name here: NVRD32.INF) is managing the installation of both Controllers (NVIDIA nForce RAID and SATA Controller) by using the associated drivers.

If the RAID Controller is not enabled, Windows Setup will not install any nForce driver of the SATARAID folder, because it will not find the first and main device, which is supported by the NVRAID INF file, the NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller.

Edited by Fernando 1