Regarding some ‘office’ hot fixes

eddie11013

I tried to slip a couple of hot fixes, KB969618 & KB970059, by just adding them in with the rest of my hot fixes. Didn’t work. Then tried using the nlite addon maker with the following switches: /passive /quiet /norestart . Didn’t work. I have extracted same, and there is a “.msp” file extension. I saw somewhere that I could use the switch: /qb- , however, the nlite addon maker does not recognize this file extension in order to make the cab. The only reason I need these is because I am using the powerpoint viewer 2007 SP2. I don’t have “office” as such, only as it pertains to this ’viewer’. I did see some rather complex scripts, but I’m not smart enough to go that route. If that’s all there is, so be it, I can always add them in after words.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Eddie

Thanks for replying, ChiefZeke,

however, as I mentioned, I don't have an "office suite" program. I only use the powerpoint viewer 2007, for when people send me emails that you need a powerpoint viewer to see. I looked at this "office integrator v1.1", but again, it won't let me "do" anything because I don't have an "office suite". I was able to add the service pack 2 and the two hotfixes but without an "office suite" you can not proceed.

I was wondering if maybe I could use the write up " Making A 7-Zip Switchless Installer " from here: http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?/to...less-installer/ and then using the result to make an nlite addon

[general]

builddate=2009/07/20

description=

language=

title=

version=

website=

[EditFile]

I386\SVCPACK.INF,SetupHotfixesToRun,AddProgram

[AddProgram]

example.exe

Sticking the result with the rest of my regular hotfixes.

Maybe there just isn't an easy way.

Eddie

O.K., Thanks for the assistance, Beats,

It seems to have worked, I now have an ".msi & reg file", and per the following:

The msi and reg file created with this function can either be used as a standalone installer to individually install the separate Compatibility Pack or viewers or they can be added to the Chained Install list and deployed with the main Office installation

Soooo, if I can figure out the silent switch for the "ppviewer.msi", (maybe /qb) I can add it as a hotfix, and then apply the "ppviewer.reg" file after the slipsteam installation. Does this seem correct?

Thanks again,

Eddie

PS: I do have an $OEM$/$1/Install "folder" that I put my 'tweaks.reg' file in, but I don't know how to create a command to install other tweaks = regedit.exe /s %systemdrive%\Install\tweaks.reg

Could it be as simple as = regedit.exe /s %systemdrive%\Install\ppviewer.reg

Edited by eddie11013

The switch for silent installation of the MSI is indeed /qb.

Create a file named cmdlines.txt and place it in the $OEM$ root (thus not in any sub directory).

The syntax for cmdlines.txt (for your viewer and the reg file) is:

[COMMANDS]
"$1\Install\ppviewer.msi /qb"
"regedit /s $1\Install\tweaks.reg"

Additional information about cmdlines.txt can be found here. ;)

Sorry for my ignorance, but was:

"regedit /s $1\Install\tweaks.reg"

supposed to be:

"regedit /s $1\Install\ppviewer.reg"

And do I assume correctly that "both" the "ppviewer.msi" & the "ppviewer.reg" are to be placed in my $1\Install folder. And the 'cmdlines.txt' in the root of $OEM$.

Thanks again for your help