Taking out windows tour

JayDogg

JayDogg, I think that is just a normal Attended install. What you need to do to get rid of it is start over from scratch, make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

Dear Johnhc I did start over from scratch... and what I came to find out is the tour is out and I was talking about the wrong thing the whole time. But before I start from scratch again I need to know how to take out that thing out.... what ever it is called. So what I would like to know now is how in nlite I take that out and what it is called

Thanks agains

JayDogg, as I have said before you have a mess from running nLite more than once against the same source. I think that thing is called Windows Install, i.e. Attended Install. Your posted Last Session should have prevented this. When you have started from a fresh source and still have any kind of problem, please repost and attach your Last Session and we will start afresh. Good luck, John.

Ok I think I tarded out and may have been talking about the wrong thing. I think the tour is gone but what I really want to rid of this (refer to pic's I posted). So what is that call and how do I take it out

Thanks everyone

Yeah, we were talking about 2 different things.

[Unattended]
UnattendSwitch="Yes"

is what you need

I don't know. This is from the unattended guide.

Specifies whether Setup skips Windows Welcome or Mini-Setup when preinstalling Windows XP Home Edition or Windows XP Professional using the CD Boot method. Set this to yes to skip the "Setting Up Internet Connection" and "Create User Accounts" screens.

I have UnattendMode=FullUnattended and UnattendSwitch="Yes" and I don't get those screens.

Edit: I also have this. You may need it to get rid of the help protect my PC screen.

[Data]
AutomaticUpdates="No"

Edited by -X-

Here is what I have right now in my winnt.sif file

[Unattended]
UnattendMode=FullUnattended
UnattendSwitch="No"
OemPreinstall="Yes"
OemSkipEula="Yes"
FileSystem=*
WaitForReboot="No"
NoWaitAfterTextMode=1
NoWaitAfterGUIMode=1
DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

and you are saying it should be this

[Unattended]
UnattendMode=FullUnattended
UnattendSwitch="Yes"
OemPreinstall="Yes"
OemSkipEula="Yes"
FileSystem=*
WaitForReboot="No"
NoWaitAfterTextMode=1
NoWaitAfterGUIMode=1
DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

is that correct....

Correct. I edit my last post to add automatic updates. You may want to do that to. Change the no to a yes if you want.

Please report back if it works.