Consent UI . . .

NativeTexan

After a short period of time, maybe 1/2hr, most programs that deal mostly with the system operations or security will not start from their ICON nor going directly to Explorer and clicking on the executable. I get the following boxes that come up:

(RED circle) White "X"

File system error (-1073741790)

The above information comes from the first box and will have the path to the file that I am attempting to run in the top edge of the box. They all have the same system code. After that box is closed the below information comes in the next box and nothing else can be done until the box is closed.

Microsoft Windows

Consent UI for administrative applications stopped working and was closed

A problem caused the application to stop working correctly.

Windows will notify you if a solution is available.

(Radio Button)Close

I did look for a file with 'UI' as part of the title and found UI0Detect.exe, UIAutomationCore.dll, uicom.dll, and UIHub.dll all in C:\Windows\System32 folder. They all appear to be dated the same as when I first started this system last year. This meaning, to me anyway, that they must be some sort of system operations files.

Any ideas would be appreciated, I need some one's HELP with this that is much, much, much, smarter than myself,

I would guess that is consent.exe - the UAC process that fires up when you try to launch a process whose default privilege level says it wants to run administrative tasks.

Does the problem affect all users, or just 1 specific user?

Did you install or update any software recently, like AV?

When did the problem start?

Are you running SP2?

# for decimal -1073741790 / hex 0xc0000022

STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED ntstatus.h

# {Access Denied}

# A process has requested access to an object, but has not

# been granted those access rights.

# as an HRESULT: Severity: FAILURE (1), FACILITY_NULL (0x0), Code 0x22

# for decimal 34 / hex 0x22

ERROR_WRONG_DISK winerror.h

# The wrong diskette is in the drive.

# Insert %2 (Volume Serial Number: %3) into drive %1.

# 2 matches found for "-1073741790"

I think MagicAndre is right, this is probably "STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED", as I'm doubting you're running Windows from diskettes ;).

• 1 month later...

Excuse me for being so late in getting back to this issue. Have been working on other problems as well as those on this system.

"MagicAndre1981,"

On the dumps, NO, never done any of that, plus have not had the time to read what all is required. That will be my next project, yes, just to read something is a project to me.

"Mr Snub,"

Yes, I agree with you on the consent.exe being the source of that warning. Not sure about other users as I am the 'Tigger' on this system, the only one.

Yes I have recently installed or really re-installed a FW and AV software. They were running on my system together and suddenly one day the icon for my FW (CIS) disappeared. To make a long story shorter, removed them both and reinstalled them one at a time, FW (same problem still there) then Alwil's Avast!4, oops that did not get installed immediately as that is when that waring from UAC started and through searches on Google learned using the 'Safe Mode/CmdLine' would work in getting it reinstalled. To make an even longer story shorter I have now installed 'Smart UAC Replacement' and all things have fallen back in line or as they should be.

Your last question can be answered by reading my sig, complete information or as much as is allowed.

"Cluberti,"

You are also very correct as this is installed on a 230g H/D as this info is not listed in my sig but almost all of the remainder is.

Thank you to one and ALL of you that have posted here on this issue,