wire working but wireless not?

I have linksys wireless-g broadband router"WRT54G2" connect with internet provider.my issue when connect wire to router in any port for lan my wireless disappear,when remove wire the wireless working again.how to fix this problem.I'm need really help to fix this.

Edited by RYU81

can you define "disappear"? That's not really a technical term that we can understand. Can you give us some information on your setup, what operating system, what steps you took to create and replicate the problem etc...? We'd love to help you, but the reason no one answered your initial question is because you really gave us no information.

Your router is likely trying to assign a default gateway for both types. When connected with both types to the same computer, it can only use 1, because it can only have 1 default gateway listing. Not sure if this is it, but the first thing that comes to mind.

Your router is likely trying to assign a default gateway for both types. When connected with both types to the same computer, it can only use 1, because it can only have 1 default gateway listing. Not sure if this is it, but the first thing that comes to mind.

well for windows at least, both connections should still be connected but one will be the primary connection.

but we do need to know what "disappear" means.

first all I didn't connect wire and wireless in same pc.I connect to two pc and three laptop for wireless.

when i mean disappear,my router enable wireless but my laptop still can't connect or find there connection for wireless network that happen only when use wire for other pc.

well i doubt you are going to find a solution for this as this is a very strange problem.

try resetting the router by holding in the small button on the back of it for a few seconds.

this will clear all of its setting so you will have to reconfigure it to your liking along with putting passwords on.

hopefully there is just some setting in the router messed up.

otherwise you may have to buy another wireless router.

• 4 weeks later...

Have you checked for firmware update on router?

Also, try unplug the power for 1 min, then plug the power back in.

If all else fails reset the router back to default settings, then do the install like it just came out of the box.

• 4 weeks later...