Forum requiring often login.

johnhc

Why has the forum begun to require me to login every time I return from leaving the site (reusing the tab)? This just started yesterday (Saturday, 7-11-2009). Thanks, John.

EDIT: I am also seeing error messages (Authorization mismatch - please go back and try again. If you have been trying to access a function incorrectly, please use the proper method.) when I try to Preview a Reply.

Edited by johnhc

I've had both issues today as well. It probably has to do with setup'ing the new site front page (web server restarted perhaps?). Most likely it won't happen again.

I hope it gets solved soon.

It's not like it's been happening for a whole week, and had to re-login a couple dozen times or anything.

Edit: talked too fast. Had to re-login 4 times so far. Looks like the old problem's back.

If you get the posting error, back up and refresh the page. It will go through the 2nd time. What you typed will still be there but copy it if you want to be extra sure,

If you get the posting error, back up and refresh the page. It will go through the 2nd time. What you typed will still be there but copy it if you want to be extra sure,
Or use the regular reply button. :whistle:

Huh? :wacko: What else would one use if they are not using quick reply? :whistle:

Here's one for you. Still it seems that frontpage and forum logins aren't working properly. Since the website got upgraded, I decided to test out the comment issue. Its old news that comments are never tagged, so I did this:

1. Clear cookies (closed browser) and session data

2. Go to home page.

3. Log in from Homepage. Logged in and everything great.

4. Made a comment on news article

Results:

http://www.msfn.org/cms/news_story/windows...ng_13_july.html

Note: It won't let you post a comment if you aren't logged in. After you post a comment, you are no longer logged into the home page (because you can't make new comments), but you are logged into the forum. Also, it said my time was 6:10pm!

Well that's what happened to me. Comments still broken. Also if you go to the home page, it says that news item has 0 comments. If you click it, it suddenly says 1 comment. If you go back to the homepage, it says 0 again.

I wouldn't want to figure this headache out! :crazy:

JK Xper does a great job! :thumbup

EDIT: OK I finally got this message... It has to do with the session data I believe. The session hash stored by the browser does not equal the one stored on the server. This doesn't mean that the hash is changing, but perhaps it is expiring on the server, which can give this message also.