my win98se not detected other hard disk, why ?SOLVED

My windows98 se not detected other hasd disc, i have installed KernelEx 4.0 RC 2 native drive USB and other unofficial files of here posted... anyone help me ???

mmmm excuseme for my bad english ... pero si alguien habla español seria de gran ayuda.

PBVLP

Edited by Ballinville

The disk may be:

-Formatted with a filesystem not supported by Win98, for example NTFS.

-Larger than 137 GB.

-Incorrectly connected or configured.

Is the disk detected correctly in the BIOS setup?

The disk may be:

-Formatted with a filesystem not supported by Win98, for example NTFS.

-Larger than 137 GB.

-Incorrectly connected or configured.

Is the disk detected correctly in the BIOS setup?

-Larger than 137 GB - with BigHDD not problem :whistle:

The other HDD may also be SATA. :whistle:

1. Check the jumpers on all disk drives (including optical ones, if any) and make sure they are one Master and one Slave on any same cable. Usually HDD is Master, CD/DVD is Slave.

2. Enter the BIOS and make sure all IDE controllers are enabled and drive detection is set to Auto for all available channels.

3. If any of the drives is SATA type, try to find a IDE compatibility mode for the respective SATA channel/controller in BIOS.

4. Make sure all IDE channels are enabled in Control Panel > System > Device Manager > Hard disk controllers > ??? PCI IDE controller >> Properties > Settings

When in doubt, post all drives' details (Manufacturer, Model) and don't forget to mention if the other drive does appear in Explorer or not. If it does, it may be formatted as NTFS or a Linux FS (ext2, ext3, etc). Start up FDISK and see if you get to see the drive there and what it tells about drives/partitions and their type; if you're not familiar with FDISK and other DOS tools do not modify anything, just copy the relevant information and post here for further advisement.

is a NTFS filesystem :whistle:

i change to FAT and post my result

10x for your time.

no wonder. Win9x systems can't recognize NTFS formatted hard disks without third party NTFS drivers like Winternals NTFS for Win98.

• 3 weeks later...