MAG - Massive Action Game PS3 w/ 256 Players Online?

Redhatcc

This game has really caught my attention from viewing it at E3, to the trailers and watching other gameplay that is online. Here is a run down of the game.

The game will utilize a new server architecture[6] to support online battles with up to 256 players, with users divided into 8-player squads, with 4 squads forming a platoon, and 4 platoons forming a company.[7][8] Each squad will be led by a player who has advanced through the game's ranking system.[7] Character statistics and development will also increase with frequent gameplay.[9] The players most advanced in rank will be able to either direct the battle or participate directly in combat.[4]

Basic battles will take place within ongoing, faction-based campaigns to encourage the player to actively play.[7][10] The game will contain three factions: S.V.E.R (pronounced Sever), a group of war torn countries; Raven, a futuristic group who wear black armor and sport high-tech weaponry; and Valor, a military force with gear similar to the US army. The game's E3 unveiling trailer featured large landscapes, tactics such as air strikes and parachuting, and a variety of vehicles, from tanks and APCs to airplanes.[10][7] The game will boast complete ground up class creating with weapon attachments and perks such as explosives. Also, players will be able to customize their characters including face, voice, and armor .[11] The game will be a first-person shooter.

MAGinternalscreenshot.jpg

250px-MAG_game_logo.png

That being posted, i was really looking foward to the new release of the Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Modern Warfare 2 this year, but i think the gameplay in this one as long as they make the controls somewhat user friendly to learn, and have worked out the kinks in the servers handling that many players, then i will probably be on this game for awhile.

http://ps3.nowgamer.com/news/377/mag-to-of...layer-that-cod/

http://media.photobucket.com/image/massive...man/map_map.jpg

^ a said map to be in the game.

Hopefully it does well and it doesn't turn into a newbfest. I hate multiplayer games now because the players are a lot younger now then they were when I remember it being good. One downfall of everyone owning a computer or having an internet connection.

That game has a lot of potential as i see it. There arent really any popular MMOFPS's floating around that Ive heard of, so its going to be interesting to see if it can succeed where many others have failed.

The name is strange. Sounds more like a description. In my opinion it would have been better with a fictional title, or something less to the point. That said, its not like that really detracts from the game itself.

The biggest hurdle I can see here is platform. To have it solely for PS3 could be what ruins the game ultimately.

-Accessibility. Most people these days have PC's with Internet access, and there would be a decent amount of the population that would have computers powerful enough to run that. Less people would have PS3, so that limits the market quite a lot.

-Plus some others i might add later.

Best of luck to it, it seems interesting, and i hope the devs can come up with good solutions for the possible problems that the game presents.

Hopefully it does well and it doesn't turn into a newbfest. I hate multiplayer games now because the players are a lot younger now then they were when I remember it being good. One downfall of everyone owning a computer or having an internet connection.

I can almost guarantee you that it will. If there's a monthly subscription fee then that may deter some people, but from what Ive seen from World of Warcraft (i know its a bit different, but the concept is the same), the game will likely fill up with a bunch of inexperienced and ultimately not very good players over time. The outset is probably when you will have the best non-newb experience, so make the most of it.

Edit = Just realised all of what the information said =\.

Edited by 1nfamous