Integration of AMD / ATI SB7XX textmode RAID / AHCI drivers on an XP

MikeD

@Fernando, is there any way to make your modified driver file work for "Standard dual channel IED PCI controller" in WindowsXP x86 in my case? The problem is...

These are my hardware ID's:

=======================

PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7800&SUBSYS_108C1043
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7800&CC_0101

I can't make this working unfortunately. Maybe the 'sys' file doesn't consist of needed info for this hardware?

There are no winXP drivers for my laptop officially (Asus K73TA-TY079 - AMD based machine) but I found most of them.

One of not working stuff is AHCI mode after installing the system (so I'm using now IDE mode temporarily).

Of course I tried reg files in the topic, but none of them worked.

I tried also to replace existing PCIIE driver in Device Manager withnot signed one (yours, but I only edited INF and txtsetup files, by adding my hardware ID's).

Do you have any ideas or suggestions what needs to be done here?

What do I need to modify, which files, to make this working good on Wndows XP SP2 (32bit)?

Edited by elvisef

That's a SB8xx southbridge at IDE mode.

Which HardwareID refers to your AHCI mode? Could be PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7801&CC_0106 or PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7804&CC_0106

Did you adjust the HardwareID to ven_1022 ?

Remember SB6xx and SB7xx ven_1002. Contrary SB8xx ven_1022

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CriticalDeviceDatabase\pci#ven_1022&cc_0106]

I only edited INF and txtsetup files, by adding my hardware ID's

Which HardwareID did you used? Did you used the AHCI or IDE HardwareID ?

Perhaps editing the inf is my only option at this point?

First I guess there is a XP backup...

Brute force: Kids, don't do this at home:

copy ahcix86.inf danger.inf, edit danger.inf

[ATI]%NapaDesc%=Napa_Inst,PCI\VEN_1002%NapaDesc%=Napa_Inst,PCI\VEN_1022
Be aware: this connects all ATI/AMD devices to ahcix86.

If it's boot at AHCI mode, delete latest files %SystemRoot%\inf\oem*.* next. That's the files from danger.inf.

And delete the file danger.inf.

Windows PNP should ask to install AMD AHCI driver. Point to the file ahcix86.inf.

Reboot again.

Delete section [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CriticalDeviceDatabase\pci#ven_1022]

Sweet, thanks so much for the instructions. Before doing this I thought I would give the previous method another go and plugged the drive into a few different ports to test which ones would recognize it. Also used the auto detection in BIOS, and I got it to show up on port 4/5!

So I tried again with setting that port to IDE, and was able to get into windows and change the drivers as you previously suggested. Thanks so much again for your help, this has been a headache for me for months!

Now I was finally able to install Ubuntu into a dual boot system... since Ubuntu didn't like IDE mode at all :D.

That's a SB8xx southbridge at IDE mode.

Which HardwareID refers to your AHCI mode? Could be PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7801&CC_0106 or PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7804&CC_0106

Did you adjust the HardwareID to ven_1022 ?

Remember SB6xx and SB7xx ven_1002. Contrary SB8xx ven_1022

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CriticalDeviceDatabase\pci#ven_1022&cc_0106]

I only edited INF and txtsetup files, by adding my hardware ID's

Which HardwareID did you used? Did you used the AHCI or IDE HardwareID ?

Ahhh.... there was apparently a lack of some knowledge in my head. Now I fully understand it, I hope.

So 7801 and 7804 are AHCI, while 7802 and 7803 are RAID dev ID's, is that right?

7800 is the IDE mode device id, but I didn't know that it's different from others.

So after you wrote, my mind has been refreshed, at last. Some small points were not understood, but now it's ok.

I just modified a reg file with bad data - 7800 ID, so that was the main problem and nothing worked at all.

I used for reg now: pci#ven_1022&cc_0106 and copied 'ahci...' file into drivers folder and everything seem to be fine.

The final point is: WORKS LIKE A CHARM! Thanks!

Edited by elvisef

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone here have a working link for the SB700 AHCI drivers? I'm trying to get XP Pro SP3 going on an Acer Aspire 5253, and I don't want to run it in IDE mode.

EDIT: Never mind, I found a working driver in this post http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/135840-integration-of-amd-ati-sb7xx-textmode-raid-ahci-drivers-on-an-xp/?p=1006413 :D Thanks Fernando 1!

Edited by mrbigmouth502

• 1 month later...

Hi Fernando, I'm formatting pc to make a clean install and want to use latest drivers

Before I successfully used "32bit AMD SBxxx textmode driver v3.3.1540.22 for XP mod by Fernando" and now I want to use your latest but website is unavaiable...

so download is not possible

Thank you again if you fix this! (and also if not)

Edited by BubbleBobble

On 22.3.2014 at 7:04 PM, BubbleBobble said:

I'm formatting pc to make a clean install and want to use latest drivers

Before I successfully used "32bit AMD SBxxx textmode driver v3.3.1540.22 for XP mod by Fernando" and now I want to use your latest but website is unavaiable...

so download is not possible.

You are right. The domain win-lite.de, where many of my files were hosted, is down resp. not available anymore.

Here are the new and hopefully working download links:

>32bit AMD SBxxx Textmode Driver v3.3.1540.33 for XP mod by Fernando<

>64bit AMD SBxxx Textmode Driver v3.3.1540.33 for XPx64 mod by Fernando<

Good luck!

Edited by Fernando 1

@Fernando 1 - why is this Topic not Stickified? The Intel and nVidia ones are. :unsure:

That is the decision of a Moderator or Admin.

The difference between this thread and the 2 sticky threads is, that I haven't started this thread and put some instructions and download links into the Opener.

Well, then a suggestion - tie the three together with cross-links in the other two?

Intel->nVidia->AMD

nVidia->Intel->AMD

(AMD not yours, so...)

With a short explanation to avoid confusion as to which Drivers are for which Base Controllers (apparently some folks don't realize).

You HAVE loaded this Topic with useful Drivers/Mods for AMD...

• 1 year later...

Hi Fernando 1 thanks for this great thread.

Im trying to use your drivers ">32bit AMD SBxxx Textmode Driver v3.3.1540.33 for XP mod by Fernando<" in my sony vaio pcg-71c11u model VPCEL10EL, according to CPU-Z it has an AMD E-350 Processor, AMD K12 IMC Chipset and A40/A50 Series FCH Southbridge, will they work?, and can you upload a mirror since they where removed from mega.

also i'm having a hard time downloading an xp sp3 version that is untouched, any pointers?

Regards.

Edited by mrarrieta

Im trying to use your drivers ">32bit AMD SBxxx Textmode Driver v3.3.1540.33 for XP mod by Fernando<" in my sony vaio pcg-71c11u model VPCEL10EL, according to CPU-Z it has an AMD E-350 Processor, AMD K12 IMC Chipset and A40/A50 Series FCH Southbridge, will they work?

To answer this question I need the HardwareIDs of the AMD SATA Controller.

can you upload a mirror since they where removed from mega.

You can find the related MEGA link within the start post of >this< thread.

i'm having a hard time downloading an xp sp3 version that is untouched, any pointers?

Only users, who are owner of a legit original XP CD with a Microsoft hologram are supported by me.

What about people who download theirs from a legit source?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=25129

As long as the users have a legit XP CD-Key, they can use any original XP CD or downloaded original XP ISO file.

Your link is ok, but leads just to the Windows XP SP3 image and not to the required complete XP ISO file with slipstreamed SP3.