Integration of AMD / ATI SB7XX textmode RAID / AHCI drivers on an XP

MikeD

Sorry for the question but I'm not a pc-expert...can you tell me which is the difference between this two drivers and which one should I choose?
The "mod by Fernando" ones have been customized by me to make them usable with all AMD Southbridges from SB6xx up, whereas the "WHQL" ones are the original AMD RAID drivers, which are only designed for AMD SB8xx chipsets.
I'm confused since U say that first ones are "modded", while the WHQL are the original drivers... but I see that download link for the WHQL is from your host site and not from AMD/ATI site...
These original AMD drivers do not loose their WHQL stamp by hosting them somewhere else. The AMD RAID driverpacks you get at AMD download pages are very big and contain much more than the needed drivers. That is why I offer just the already extracted small 32bit and 64bit driverpacks, which are needed for the integration into the Windows XP (32/64bit) image.

Regards

Fernando

AMD 11.12 Raid in Textmode Driver v3.3.1540.22 for Windows XP Release. SBALL?
It is not easy to understand what you mean.

If you should have asked for modified 32/64bit AMD textmode drivers with this new driver version, here are the downoad links to the "modded" AMD AHCI and RAID drivers v3.3.1540.22 dated 09/23/2011:

>32bit AMD SBxxx textmode driver for XP v3.3.1540.22 mod by Fernando<

>64bit AMD SBxxx textmode driver for XP x64 v3.3.1540.22 mod by Fernando<

Notes:

1. The official AMD RAID drivers v3.3.1540.22 WHQL for Windows XP (32/64bit) are only designed for AMD SB8xx chipsets. Since I have added the missing HardwareID's of all known AMD SB6xx and SB7xx AHCI/RAID Controllers, these "modded" drivers should be suitable for them too.
  2. The modifications I have done only concern the associated text files with the suffix ".INF" and "OEM", whereas the driver itself (= ".SYS" file) has not been touched at all.
  3. You may use them at own risk.

@ Users with an AMD SB6xx or SB7xx Southbridge:

Please give a feedback regarding your XP install experience (success resp. failure) after having integrated these new AMD textmode drivers.

Regards

Fernando

Windows 2000 Support this driver Fernando? Very Thanks. ;)

hi fernando

iam newbie in sata driver, i've just get my new notebook that use amd sabine a6

i've tried from make slipstream cd with ahci driver but its not working, there is error message "file ahci64.sys corrupted"

is there possibly that my ahci driver really corrupted or my win xp not suitable with that driver?

how to knowing southbridge type in my computer?

thank you

@ iyant:

Welcome at MSFN Forum!

i've tried from make slipstream cd with ahci driver but its not working, there is error message "file ahci64.sys corrupted"

is there possibly that my ahci driver really corrupted or my win xp not suitable with that driver?

You obviously have integrated a 64bit AMD textmode driver into the 32bit OS Windows XP. Since the Setup of the 32bit OS is not able to work with any 64bit driver, you get the misleading message, that the driver is "corrupt". It is not corrupt, but simply unusual for the 32bit OS Setup.

Solution: Repeat the nLite procedure from scratch without loading the Last_Session.ini and integrate the 32bit AMD textmode driver

.how to knowing southbridge type in my computer?
Look into your mainboard/PC manual.

Regards

Fernando

thanks for answer, now i can use my computer with ahci mode enable

i've just put ahci driver that you 've modified

i put them all (only ahcix86-all sb6xx-sb7xx text mode) into sliptstream xp cd

Thanks a million for the modified driver file Fernando worked like a charm with my GA-MA78GM-S02 when installing WinXP32.

I had brought a Corsair F60 SSD to boost my music making PC but after installing Win7 there was no room left for the programs! so needed to downgrade again.

All running better than I had hoped :thumbup

I have been trying to make a slipstreamed win xp home sp2 cd to set up a computer running the Jetway K8M8MSR2-VC motherboard and 2 sata drives in raid form. I have tried via v raid driver package from the via site, jetway drivers from thier site, the 32 whql and modded version from this thread. No luck whatsoever every time I get the viamrx64.sys is corrupt. I am not adding the x64 version of the drivers I am specifying the x86 or 32 bit version and only doing 1 at a time to weed out the problem it hasn't worked yet. I am not loading last session when I start nlite. I can not figure this out. Any advice would be helpful.

Edited by autowolf80

@ autowolf80:

Welcome at MSFM Forum!

Since your VIA RAID driver problem is absolutely off-topic, I have started >here< a new thread with the topic "Integration of VIA's RAID driver" and quoted your post there.

Good luck!

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

Well thank you Fernando. I thought this was the right place to post about that problem. Didn't mean to hijack it. I tried those drivers and it is still giving me the viamrx64.sys is corrupt when i run the burned cd on that system. I am not loading last session or any other drivers to that disk. I don't get it.

Well thank you Fernando. I thought this was the right place to post about that problem. Didn't mean to hijack it. I tried those drivers and it is still giving me the viamrx64.sys is corrupt when i run the burned cd on that system. I am not loading last session or any other drivers to that disk. I don't get it.
Since I started >here< a new thread about the integration of VIA's RAID driver, we should continue our discussion there.

Thanks!

Fernando

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Gigabyte GA-A75M-UD2H motherboard with the AMD A75 chipset. I tried to integrate AHCI drivers in my Windows XP Pro SP3 CD. However when I try to install Windows I get this error: "Can find amd_sata.sys", then the computer reboots. I found out it had something to do with AMD Catalyst. Any suggestions how to fix this?