Is it possible to roll back a factory stock vista machine to xp withou

Cynincomic

So yeah... pretty sick of vista pains and want xp back, any way that anyone knows of to have xp as the only OS on a vista machine? i heard something about microsoft planning for everyone to hate vista and making the machines with a hardwired incompatability. kinda a cruel move in my opinion

As to your second post, I would love to hear the source for that - seems a bit silly. Anyway, if you just want XP, flatten the OS drive and boot from XP install media to get rid of Vista, that works.

yeah, im not sure where it came from either but thats not that important... quick question from me, whats "flattening OS drive" in lamens terms... it brings some amusing hammer-related images to mind

LOL - it involvs inserting the real OS install disc (not a recovery CD, but the actual Windows install disc) into the drive, rebooting, and doing a clean install. AKA, "flattening the drive" in parlance.

yeah, perhaps ill try the OEM whatever the hell thing my roomie has =/

see if my desktop likes it more than my laptop, cause when i tried on my laptop it bluescreened and crashed out before anything got accomplished

edit/update: whats it mean when it cant copy the "cmnicfg.xml" file... not sure what it does... is it just a scratch on the disk or something?

further edit: trusty google has revealed this... http://www.lancelhoff.com/setup-cannot-cop...ile-cmnicfgxml/ Reformatting the boot drive it is =/

Edited by Cynincomic