Call for Translations - Part 2

W3bbo

Actually, I am afraid I misunderstand to read the meaning. Do you mean I should only download the file "StringTable2.txt" and translate the characters, and I can ignore the files located in http://anol.is/misc/partialTranslations/? :wacko:

BTW, what means of "Anolis distribution" in this string?

<value>Installs a package located in this Anolis distribution or elsewhere in this computer. The package can be installed to a setup files (I386) folder.</value>

Edited by tkrojam

You are working on german translation? I offer help if needed.

I am done. :)

But you can double check my translation if you want.

@W3bbo:

You can find the German string table at the end of my post, but first I have following questions:

The old English string table had a label "C_E_sysResDesc", the old German string table (de.txt from you) had a "C_F_sysResDesc" and the new English string table has "E_A_sysResDesc".

I did keep the "C_F_sysResDesc" from the old translation file (because I did start from there) and added the "E_A_sysResDesc" element, so this string is doubled in my new file.

I think this is not needed. I guess only the name attributes from the current string table have to be in the translation file. Is that right?

=> So we don't have to check, if one string is already be translated, but also if its name attribute did change?

And: Is the order of the elements important?

There were also some elements like following, which could not be translated:

<assembly alias="System.Windows.Forms" name="System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" />

Is such code needed in the translations, or not?

Then there were some elements, which have to be changed instead of be translated:

<data name="Lang_Name" xml:space="preserve">

<value>English</value>

</data>

This should be "translated" into 'Deutsch' (means German), instead of 'Englisch' (means English). Right?

Maybe such elements (language, country code, translator name) should be at the very beginning (or end) and not in the middle of the file, to make this a little bit more clear.

translation has been updated and can be found here

Edited by MrBusty

I´ve done some little modifications on it. Good work!

Good. I will tripple check it after the RC is released. :)

(In case I did think a string was for another context or a rephrase is needed, because my translation is to long.)

Do you mean I should only download the file "StringTable2.txt" and translate the characters, and I can ignore the files located in http://anol.is/misc/partialTranslations/? :wacko:

Yes, please ignore these files. They are the outdated translations for German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and Russian.

For Chinese you have to start from scratch. - But this is good for you, because you wont get confused so easily. :)

I did translate it with "Distribution" - I guess it is a little harder in Chinese... ;)

I think a distribution includes at least one resource package and the Anolis installer.

But please wait for w3bbo, I guess he can give you the best explanation.

Do you mean I should only download the file "StringTable2.txt" and translate the characters, and I can ignore the files located in http://anol.is/misc/partialTranslations/? :wacko:

Yes, please ignore these files. They are the outdated translations for German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and Russian.

For Chinese you have to start from scratch. - But this is good for you, because you wont get confused so easily. :)

I did translate it with "Distribution" - I guess it is a little harder in Chinese... ;)

I think a distribution includes at least one resource package and the Anolis installer.

But please wait for w3bbo, I guess he can give you the best explanation.

An "Anolis distribution" is what Busty said it is: an installer program with at least one package embedded in it. There's probably a better way to describe it but it's in the same spirit as "Linux distribution" (which is the Linux kernel with a bunch of other stuff, such as a windowing system and desktop environment).

I can help with the spanish (Nicaragua) translation. Just tell me if you need it...

I did allow me to send LessOne a mail - hope that is alright:

Hello LessOne,

actually it is not my business to decide anything here (w3bbo is the developer).
But I think w3bbo will appreciate every new language! :)

So yes, please do the translation for Nicaraguan Spanish.

I suggest you to wait for Spanish translation and start from there - that is a little easier I guess
(but if you want, you can also start from English - it's up to you of course)

Regards,
Busty

PS: please make a reply in the forum (http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=135810&st=20) so the we see, this mail did pass your spam folder

PS: be careful with posting your email address - this can result in a lot of spam...

Edited by MrBusty

I've got some minor good news to report:

It looks like I'll be able to bring my main computer with me back home, so the development process won't be stunted by me using my older computer.

I might make some money too, by shifting my two old 22" LaCie ElectronBlue IV monitors on eBay, they fetch a pretty penny.

I might make some money too, by shifting my two old 22" LaCie ElectronBlue IV monitors on eBay, they fetch a pretty penny.

Cool. Don't forget to post a link to your auction.

Maybe a forum member from Great Britain wants to buy one.

(the more bidder the higher the price :)

PS: LessOne did send me a PM - he wants to start from zero.

Edited by MrBusty

this an Arabic Version

tomorrow or two day make persian

So German, Spanish, and Arabic are now at a completed stage. A friend of mine should be doing Dutch this weekend which leaves Italian and Russian from the original language set.

I'll hold off the release until all the languages are done.