Call for Translations - Part 2

W3bbo

I'm just gearing up for the final (yes, you heard, final) release of xpize 5.

I'd like to request that all those who submitted their translations earlier be available for a new round of translations since there have been a lot of changes from the original string tables I sent out.

I would especially like to ask for translators who can do English to Arabic, Chinese, and Japanese. The costs of doing it commercially come to about £60 per language which is outside of my budget (of £0).

Thanks

----------------------------

UPDATE 2009-07-10:

I've completed the string table for English. If I ever make any changes in future it's likely they'll be minor and I'm sure Babelfish will be able to fill in the gaps.

I'd like this done within a few days, if possible.

You can download the updated English XML string table from the Anolis wesite:

http://anol.is/misc/StringTable2.txt

The latest partial translations into other languages are available here. Note that StringTable2.txt is the most recent and considered authoritative. If there are any strings in the partial translations that aren't in StringTable2.txt remove or ignore them. StringTable2 contains a lot of strings that aren't in the partial translations so you'll need to copy and paste a fair bit.

http://anol.is/misc/partialTranslations/

The localisation system falls-back on to English if the translations tables don't contain a string.

There's about 300-400 words to be translated, it should take a person fluent in both languages anything from 30 minutes to an hour to translate the lot. If anyone has any questions about the definition of certain technical words/phrases or has questions regarding context post in this thread.

Previous translations were: French, Italian, Dutch, German, and Russian. If the same people (or those who speak the language) could contribute towards getting it done that'd be great.

As before, you get attribution for your translation work. Feel free to PM me or reply in this thread if you have any questions.

UPDATE 2009-07-13:

These languages have been completed:

• ar - Arabic
  • cy - Welsh
  • de - German
  • en - English
  • es - Spanish
  • fa - Persian
  • it - Italian
  • pl - Polish
  • ru - Russian
  • zh - Chinese

The following languages are currently being worked on:

• da - Danish
  • nl - Dutch
  • si - Slovenian
  • fr - French
  • pt - Portuguese

Which just leaves:

• ja - Japanese
  • ko - Korean
  • tlh - Klingon

I've made a tool which makes localisation easier. You can download it here:

http://anol.is/misc/LocalTool.zip

Instructions for use:

a ) Extract

b ) Rename local.resx to the two-letter ISO 639-1 code for your language (English = en, Spanish = es, Chinese = zh, etc) with a *.resx extension

c ) Run Sfcd.Localizer.exe

d ) Press the Load button and select en.resx, then when the second dialog appears select your renamed resx file

e ) The text will be displayed in the main window. Double-click a cell to edit it. Changes made to the English file won't be saved when you click the Save button

f ) When you're done, send the completed local.resx file to me somehow or post a link to it in this thread

Edited by W3bbo

I'm just gearing up for the final (yes, you heard, final) release of xpize 5.

I'd like to request that all those who submitted their translations earlier be available for a new round of translations since there have been a lot of changes from the original string tables I sent out.

I would especially like to ask for translators who can do English to Arabic, Chinese, and Japanese. The costs of doing it commercially come to about £60 per language which is outside of my budget (of £0).

Thanks

I can do a Persian translation. If I request help :yes::hello:

Hi, this is tkrojam from Hong Kong,

I wanna make contribution on xpize 5 project,

so I am pleased to make xpize translation of language of Traditional Chinese!

But the point is, I know nothing about computer programming...

Can I still be capable on this? :blink:

Edited by tkrojam

Yes, you can!

- And we can help you, if you have any questions. :)

In the string table file you will find such elements:

<data name="Gen_NextButton" xml:space="preserve">

<value>Next</value>

</data>

Just translate the phrase between the <value> tags (its bold and underlined in this example) - please leave everything else, how it is. Edited by MrBusty

Yes, you can!

- And we can help you, if you have any questions. :)

In the string table file you will find such elements:

<data name="Gen_NextButton" xml:space="preserve">

<value>Next</value>

</data>

Just translate the phrase between the <value> tags (its bold and underlined in this example) - please leave everything else, how it is.

Thanks!~ What do I need to do and download then?

Please illustrate the procedures for me as well.

Edited by tkrojam

Thanks!~ What do I need to do and download then?

Please illustrate the procedures for me as well.

W3bbo did not post the current string table file yet, that is why I did not provide you a link.

Here you can finde the old English string table file (that means, that perhaps some strings will change):

http://anol.is/misc/StringTable.txt (click the link with the right mouse button and save the txt to disk)

I've completed the string table for English. If I ever make any changes in future it's likely they'll be minor and I'm sure Babelfish will be able to fill in the gaps.

I'd like this done within a few days, if possible.

You can download the updated English XML string table from the Anolis wesite:

http://anol.is/misc/StringTable2.txt

The latest partial translations into other languages are available here. Note that StringTable2.txt is the most recent and considered authoritative. If there are any strings in the partial translations that aren't in StringTable2.txt remove or ignore them. StringTable2 contains a lot of strings that aren't in the partial translations so you'll need to copy and paste a fair bit.

http://anol.is/misc/partialTranslations/

The localisation system falls-back on to English if the translations tables don't contain a string.