driver for USB midi interface

stuck

I recently bought a Logilink USB midi interface cable. It came without software of any description, it relies on the native XP driver but I have no complaints, it works a treat with my XP laptop and digital piano.

However... I have an old Win 98 laptop sitting doing nothing so I wondered if there was such a thing as a Win 98 driver out there somewhere. I'm not hopeful because Logilink have already told me that the device is XP/Vista/Mac only but I just wondered if any one here knew of a third party / generic driver that might be worth trying.

stuck

Maybe you chose the wrong cable brand. :rolleyes: If you throw together a good choice of keywords, you'll find other manufacturers that also provide drivers. Random example: Roland.

TurtleBeach offer some drivers here.

There's another USB MIDI driver from Yamaha here. (edited as I found the right page)

Miditech also offer drivers for their products here, some of which are 9x-compatible.

You should first try your digital piano manufacturer's site (if possible), see if they offer any drivers.

Edited by Drugwash

Maybe I did choose the wrong brand but using it with an old Win 98 laptop was an afterthought. As I said, it's fine with XP and was utterly painless to set up, I just plugged it in and it worked.

I'll try NUSB when I get a chance but I thought it was designed primarily to enable generic support for mass storage devices.

stuck

NUSB is a good update - will allow you to plug in and use any USB flash stick or external HDD as a mass storage device, but will not help with the MIDI interface.

(edited to add external HDD mention)

Edited by Drugwash