Sound Scheme problems help?

hydroplant

I don't get it i keep getting A yellow exclamation point on windows start navigation sound but the file is there i can select it. It will stay till i reboot my computer i thought well maybe its my codec pack so i removed it tried it again no go so is not that. how the heck do i fix this? the sound file is clearly there i see it it works it plays nothing wrong with it can someone help me fix this please? thanks i would greatly appreciate it.

Do you have integreated sound or a sound card? In either case have you gone to the manufacturers web site to get latest Vista driver?

You can probably get rid of it by disabling it in Device Manager. If you sound keeps playing OK, then it probably means the OS has identified some hardware as Sound, when it isn't, so you would need to find out what it really is

this is not in the device manager area is why it is strange ok you know under control panel under sound and then under sounds again there is sound schemes i get that yellow exclamation point on windows start navigation sound? i can go select the sound and it is there but as soon as i reboot or log of it goes back to that. this is farly new computer not sure if there is updated sound drivers for it not sure if that would make a difference with this area or not.

OK, under that Menu, what sound scheme do you have selected? Usual to use

WINDOWS DEFAULT (Modified)

It maybe that you do not have all the Windows sounds installed? In which case you will need to go and add in missing windows features and then SAVE the sound scheme in the Sound/Sound drop down menu

Edited by Kotuku

yes it says WINDOWS DEFAULT (Modified) :( i could try adding that sound back in were do i go find them i tried browsing vista disk but no sounds found? is there a place to d-load them sounds for vista?

i saw nothing about sounds in there at all :( i guess i can't reinstall these man this sucks there has to be a sound file on the vista disk but i browsed that thing over and over and nothing there. i miss old xp you could get anything from that disk.