Blue Screen Error message

majax79

Hello,

I setup Nlite for the 1st time today, burned as ISO, and restarted PC and booted from the DVD. When I got to the screen to select either create partition, delete partition, etc...all my drives were listed as "unkown drives".

I have a Windows XP SP2 reinstallation CD from Dell. That is what I was using Nlite with. It is the only OS cd that came with my PC.

I'm guessing that it's a driver problem of some sort?

I was just wondering if anyone could help me out?

majax79, I also suspect it is a driver problem. Did you include text mode drivers for your SATA and/or RAID drives? If not, find these drivers and point to their .inf files with nLite Driver task. In the future, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

What about having preinstall OEM enabled? I didn't have this enabled last time.

I went into BIOS and it shows that I have a WD3200AAKS 320GB SATA HD. I don't know about RAID. I'm pretty sure I don't have that though.

I then went into device manager and found that this HD has two .sys files: Disk.sys and partmgr.sys

I was able to find Disk.inf

The partmgr didn't have a inf file. I suppose that's ok if I'm going to partition the drive when installing windows xp again though.

I'm gonna just try it once really quick with SP3 integration and preinstall OEM enabled.

majax79, I don't think OEM Preinstall is your problem - please read the Help text next to the option. Save your CD. You need text mode drivers. The driver files on your current machine are not going to help. You need to go to the Dell web site and find the F6 (text mode) drivers and DL them. If after you find the drivers for your machine you'll post a link to them, we will help you determine how to get nLite to use them. Enjoy, John.

I can't find them at Dell. I can get a few of my drivers from there but there's no text mode. I'm just going to have to reinstall windows xp and manually delete services/programs myself. Windows 7 will be out in October so no point in potentially messing up my machine for a few months.

Edited by majax79