We need an active moderator here

Although probably not the best place to ask this question, Bristols has a point in that Gape and MDGx both are not as active as they used to be, particularly Gape who I believe had some health problems. The lack of moderation is probably partly more evident because of spam from a particular person. That being said they were great Moderators of this Section when they were active.

Although probably not the best place to ask this question, Bristols has a point in that Gape and MDGx both are not as active as they used to be, particularly Gape who I believe had some health problems. The lack of moderation is probably partly more evident because of spam from a particular person. That being said they were great Moderators of this Section when they were active.

Apologies if my post came across as a bit blunt. In no way do I mean to disrespect Gape & MDGx, who were fine moderators back when they were active and who have made a truly great contribution to keeping 9x alive (at times, seemingly almost single-handedly).

The issue I'm addressing here seems to me to be an elephant in the room (or in the forum). Neither Gape nor MDGx have been here for months. Perhaps no-one here knows why; I do hope they're both OK and are simply too busy (I'd be sorry to hear that they've lost interest). But we need a moderator to be around more often.

I'm not suggesting that either Gape or MDGx should be replaced as moderators. I assume that the forum could have an additional moderator.

There are plenty of people able to moderate in here. It's just that together we don't cover every single minute of the day (gaps when most of us are sleeping or at work)

The lack of moderation is probably partly more evident because of spam from a particular person.

That guy is a pain in the butt for sure, and somehow he doesn't seem to get he'll get banned every single time he comes back, and that no one wants of his crap.

Appointing more mods solely to ban him won't really solve the problem (nothing will completely fix that), and would only help if it was someone who'd happen to be on the forums in the time frame where the rest of us sleep/work.

The lack of moderation is probably partly more evident because of spam from a particular person.

Not that bad is it or have I missed something ?

I for one would certainly like to sticky some more threads or even create some from scratch perhaps.

There are plenty of people able to moderate in here. It's just that together we don't cover every single minute of the day (gaps when most of us are sleeping or at work).

Thanks CoffeeFiend.

I have got to hand it to you guys (Mods and Super Mods) this time.

This last dose of crap was particularly offensive and rightly deleted ASAP as was the time when his last offensive posts totalled over 140 in less than an hour covering just about every thread in this sub-forum.

Someone or something must have wronged him in a previous life to provoke an attitude like his.

Thanks again

Colin

There are plenty of people able to moderate in here. It's just that together we don't cover every single minute of the day (gaps when most of us are sleeping or at work)

That guy is a pain in the butt for sure, and somehow he doesn't seem to get he'll get banned every single time he comes back, and that no one wants of his crap.

Appointing more mods solely to ban him won't really solve the problem (nothing will completely fix that), and would only help if it was someone who'd happen to be on the forums in the time frame where the rest of us sleep/work.

This maybe an off-topic question but, Why is there an Opera icon with "banned" symbol in your... you know, avatar? :P are they some sort of people you don't trust because? or that browser has something wrong with it which is?

This maybe an off-topic question but, Why is there an Opera icon with "banned" symbol in your... you know, avatar? :P are they some sort of people you don't trust because? or that browser has something wrong with it which is?

One of the first thing to do is to use the search button for answers first (and you'll find it) instead of going grossly off-topic in what could be seen as an attempt to trash this thread. :lol:

Perhaps I should apply to become a MSFN mod :whistle:

At the ASAP forums, we had a big problem with spam, large quantities of it. Their system had separate levels for forum members and ASAP members in addition to the usual mods, experts, etc. All the ASAP members could serve as mods when the need arose. Whenever one of us was there, we made a quick pass thru the new posts, removing spam. That way, the main mods didn't have to spend all their time cleaning it up.

Rick

Well, to add, it's a group of youngsters that don't have the brains to be polite plus they are some what too active (must be the coke and the coffee :P).

Just a quick count shows we have 2 admins, 13 smods, and 24 mods. I personally review almost every reply or new topic (especially from new members) evenings and weekends that doesnt already have a moderator present. even during those times im usually beaten to a by another mod at least once a week. usually we I see a spammer and im lucky if i can get him banned and cleaned up after before another mod bans them. I think were have enough moderators.

I can't speak for Gape but I have always felt that MDGx is reading this board and other boards. They do have outside lives but MDGx does post every so often. We may think the moderators are long gone with no recent posts ... but I for one think they are around to keep "law and order" in some way.

It quite a shame, that these fellows doing such mischief, cannot get in touch with their inner core, balance themselves; put these personal differences they have with the members of this forum they have declaired war on----behind them, so that they can avail themselves, as well as othes, using their computer skills--------------to keep Windows 9x----Alive!

A sad shame.

Really sad, to waste the potential of any kind of knowledge, due to emotional nonsense.