Need to Remove Adobe Menu from Outlook 2007

DreamSkape

Hi,

Ever since I installed Adobe Acrobat, my computer slowed down. I was cleaning and removing junk and registry assuming they are problems. However, last night I opened the task manager to see how memory is used when I use different programs. The major portion of memory was allotted to Outlook and F-Secure. Studying the usage further, I saw that the memory usage of Outlook increased when I am performing any action on it.

Furthermore, I saw that Acrobat also consumes considerable memory. And when I opened more programs, the memory usage of F-secure increased. This was made more clear as I kept open the task manager while opening and closing programs.

The deductions: Outlook already has several unwanted add-ons and the Adobe options are making it use more memory. Also, F-secure's usage of memory depends on the number of programs opened at a time. I don't understand the logic behind F-secure's memory usage.

Anyways, I removed most of the optional components from OFFICE and thereby OUTLOOK using the Change Option in Add/Remove Programs. So that decreased the memory consumption to some extent. However, I guess if I am able to remove the Adobe menu from it, it will decrease considerably as Acrobat is also a good RAM occupier.

Now I need to remove the Adobe Menu that automatically came in to OUTLOOK and several other applications. Is it possible to remove the ADOBE option without having to uninstall the Adobe Acrobat. I need Acrobat 7 to convert files to PDF format and for the Adobe printer, otherwise I would have used older versions that don't force other applications to include the Adobe option. I removed it from IE using "Manage Add-Ons" but I could not find a way to remove it from OUTLOOK.

BTW, I installed the Acrobat using the Adobe CS2 CD, if that makes any difference and it is OFFICE PRO. Any workaround will also help a lot because I need to keep my OUTLOOK running. I also hate the spam filter button that came in via F-Secure. :realmad:

Thanks!

--

Best Regards,

Arun Kumar M.

Signed: Friday, July 03, 2009, 6:18:30 PM IST

Got the resolution.

I just went to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\PDFMaker and saw two folders saying Mail and OFFICE. Assuming this can give me relief, I created a system restore point and then deleted both directories. They contained some WORDPDFMAKER.DLL files and similar files that gave me the clue.

Sorry for wasting your time. And if it helps, send me a message... :D

Enjoy the weekend!

--

Best Regards,

DreamSkape

Signed: Friday, July 03, 2009, 6:41:37 PM IST

It is indeed no secret that Adobe Reader is an enormously bloated program. That's why I opt for leaner alternatives such as Foxit Reader.

I have noticed going by your posts that you seem to have a remarkable number of problems using your computer -- have you considered doing a complete rebuild and at the same time perhaps reviewing your computing habits?