Backups & Syncing file

iceangel89

what do i use if i want to sync my files with backup. something like SVN or incremental backups. except i dont want an image that i got to get into the image to access files ... or is that a good idea? an image will be compressed ... hmm

eg. say i have a folder resources that used to have files 1 & 2 that is backup-ed

after sometime, i have files 2 - 6 (so file 1 is deleted, 3 - 6 new, 2 may have been changed)

how can i sync these files to backup?

Hi,

I am not good at this but as far as i know, there should be an option in the software you are using for backing up your data. Most of them do. If not, I guess that you may have to do it manually, but that again depends upon the type of image being created. If it allows you to see the contents of backup, you can go ahead and remove the deleted files.

I use IDrive for continuous backup... and it offers both options. If you could specify the software, maybe I can dig out some info for you.

Cheers,

--

Best Regards,

Arun Kumar M.

Signed: Wednesday, July 01, 2009, 3:20:00 PM IST

If you could specify the software, maybe I can dig out some info for you.

maybe u mis-understood me. i dont have a software in mind. i am looking for 1 that can do what i require. rather than manually backing up stuff