A question about codec packs

hydroplant

HI all i see that the vista codec area has been removed i have it on my computer is it still good to use? or should i delete/kill it and get something else problem is can you completely remove codecs?

the user who made the codec is hosting them elsewhere. the codecs do not harm the system at all; the reason we can't host there here is for legal reasons because he may be using files in his codec pack that might be copyrighted by companies.

you could use those codec as long as you want but be forwarned of any legalities, if any. there are other codec pack out there. i particularly don't like the vista codec pack even though the author claims they are much better.

there's k-lite and combine community codec pack if you want alternate. if you want to stick with his, search for vista codec pack and you should find updated versions.

Well codec packs suck big time they all install a pile of stuff you will never use. Actually you need about 2 the ac3 filter and the xvid codec will play most anything and will allow all windows programs to use them wmp power dvd or what ever one. Vlc yes it does play most things but only installs the codec’s for itself so if you want to use a program like power dvd which covers good sound and video those 2 codec’s will do it. No need for a 20 meg codec pack.

Hammey