getting a fully updated ISO

Gray__Fox

I'm not quite sure how to integrate the addons (it's my 2nd time doing this) I have SP3 installed but the addons and hotfixes I don't quite understand how to do it.

Is it possible to get a fully updated ISO, it might be a good idea to have posted up.

It'd be a lot easier then trying to figure out how to get the addons in since there really is no explanation of exactly "how to."

(I'd also be open to a detailed walk through of how to)

Thanks

1. In the Tasks screen, select Hotfixes, Add-ons and Update Packs.

2. When you get to Hotfixes, Add-ons and Update Packs section, on the lower right click insert and browse to your hotfixes and addons.

1. In the Tasks screen, select Hotfixes, Add-ons and Update Packs.

2. When you get to Hotfixes, Add-ons and Update Packs section, on the lower right click insert and browse to your hotfixes and addons.

That's where my problem comes in. I don't know where to look for add-ons and update packs :D
Search the forum for "fully updated".

I'll try that thanks.

Gray__Fox, several threads have been posted with walks through, but I cannot vouch for their accuracy. This post, is for XP x64, but is a great example of a complete install of all one could possible need. Enjoy, John.

That's where my problem comes in. I don't know where to look for add-ons and update packs :D

Here's my list of post SP3 hotfixes (no Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool - accurate as of June 2009). Just download them from MS to a folder and each month when the new hotfixes are released, update the folder.

WindowsXP-KB898461-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB923561-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB938464-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB946648-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB950762-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB950974-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB951066-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB951376-v2-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB951748-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB951978-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB952004-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB952287-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB952954-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB954459-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB954600-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB955069-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB955839-x86-ENU.exe <- Don't slipstream this directly with nLite. Integrate as an addon! Kabul time zone syndrome.

WindowsXP-KB956572-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB956802-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB956803-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB957097-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB958644-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB958687-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB959426-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB960225-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB960803-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB961373-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB961501-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB967715-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB968537-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB969897-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB969898-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB970238-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KB952069-x86-ENU.exe

If you prefer all-in-one update packs, you can get them here or here.

You can get addons here or here or here or here.

Edited by -X-

Here's my list of post SP3 hotfixes (no Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool). Just download them from MS to a folder and each month when the new hotfixes are released, update the folder.

WindowsXP-KB898461-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB923561-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB938464-x86-ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB946648-x86-ENU.exe

cont'd

If you prefer all-in-one update packs, you can get them here or here.

You can get addons here or here or here or here.

Thanks a million! This is where I've gotten stuck. So these are only to be installed after SP3?

Do I need to install .net framework 1.0-3.5 separately?

On my current installation, the one I'm using now, I had to download all the .net separately. I thought it was all in SP3 but I guess not... are they in the list you've put up?

and also where do I find there just the Microsoft Website?

This was more my test PC for it and it worked now I'm trying to get to the more advanced areas for later.

EDIT: and also add-ons don't directly refer to Microsoft updates? (because that's what I thought)

Edited by Gray__Fox

So these are only to be installed after SP3?
correct
Do I need to install .net framework 1.0-3.5 separately?
yes
On my current installation, the one I'm using now, I had to download all the .net separately. I thought it was all in SP3 but I guess not... are they in the list you've put up?
No, my list is just the hotfixes that appear in windows/microsoft update with an untouched XP SP3. No IE7 or 8, no WMP 10 or 11, no .NET framework, etc

EDIT: and also add-ons don't directly refer to Microsoft updates? (because that's what I thought)

Not sure what you are asking here.

Not sure what you are asking here.

you can disregard the first question I figured it out.

and the second I was curious if the add-ons are non-Microsoft products/updates (IE: firefox, adobe, etc.)

and the only other question I have right now is If I download the fully redistributable .net 3.5 I can add that as an addon or fix right? (this one HERE)

Edited by Gray__Fox

Addons are software other that hotfixes. They can be from Microsoft but most arent.

That link you posted is just the downloader. It's only 2.7 megs. There are people here and at Ryan's site that made the full distributable into an addon. NET Framework addon search

EDIT: Here's Microsoft .NET Framework V3.5 SP1 FULL w/KB961118 from Ryan's site.

This package will pass MU/WU for KB951847 and KB959209

Includes:

dotNet Framework 2.0 SP2 + MSXML6 SP2 (KB954459) + KB958481

dotNet Framework 3.0 SP2 + KB958483

dotNet Framework 3.5 SP1 + KB953595 + KB958484

WindowsXP x86 hotfix KB961118

Edited by -X-

Addons are software other that hotfixes. They can be from Microsoft but most arent.

That link you posted is just the downloader. It's only 2.7 megs. There are people here and at Ryan's site that made the full distributable into an addon. NET Framework addon search

(it did seem a little small but I just chalked it up to me being paranoid :P

you rock -x- thanks for all your help!

Updated my last post. Read the bottom about NET Framework. In case you missed it, I also updated this post about the Kabul time zone problem with nLite.