.NET 1.0 Problem

.NET 1.0 will not uninstall or repair itself. I have tried talking to a Microsoft rep, but her suggestions did not fix the problem. I have downloaded programs that are supposed to get rid of all installations of .NET, including .NET 1.0, but the program does not get rid of it and lists it as not installed (Its not listed in add/remove programs either). Windows Update lists an update for .NET 1.0, but is unable to install it for whatever reason. Upon reinstalling .NET 1.0 SP1, I receive an error that it cannot be installed. I know MCE requires .NET 1.0 and it used to be listed in add/remove programs. But all of a sudden, it seems to have disappeared.

Could someone just tell me how to get rid of .NET 1.0 or how to actually repair it without any weird errors?

Have you tried the .NET Uninstall Tool? Once you uninstall the .NET Framework, be sure to get .NET 3.5 SP1 installer.

Yes I have tried the .NET cleanup tool and the .NET Uninstall tool, both have not produced any solutions. .NET 1.0 is not removed.

Edited by cscherme