xpize 5 Beta 3

W3bbo

See the post above:

I've found the reason why the condition check was failing on some systems: I programmed it to identify numbers using your local computer's number format. So if you're on mainland Europe or Russia then a decimal number looks like '5,1' rather than '5.1' which is why it doesn't recognise your system as being the right version.

I'll fix this in the next release.

I found a temporary workaround: I changed the decimal symbol from "," to "." in "International and Language settings".

;)

Beta 4 will introduce dynamically generated bitmap resources to drastically reduce the size of the xpize distribution, but these bitmap resources are 24-bit (earlier they were 256-color) which makes them much larger.

I'm not anticipating any problems, but some of you have reported issues with 128x128 icons which are double the size of earlier icons.

If anyone has had problems with 128x128 icons, or problems with xpize 5 in general let me know so I can resolve or prepare for them.

W3bbo, thank you for your reply...and you are right about the extra icons and such.....actually, you are spot on with every answer to my uninformed and ill considered questions.

You effort with this Xpize is much appreciated and I for one am looking forward to further developments.

Regards.

W3bbo, thank you for your reply...and you are right about the extra icons and such.....actually, you are spot on with every answer to my uninformed and ill considered questions.

You effort with this Xpize is much appreciated and I for one am looking forward to further developments.

Regards.

Is that sarcasm? I honestly can't tell.

W3bbo: what do you think about my suggestion? - Is this something, what you could bring into being?

I'm thinking about it.

I think I may have found a way to implement it, but there's no way I can get it done for the next (and hopefully final) xpize release. It's just that my "package" system is modelled on the idea of an "install and forget" paradigm, rather than the "theme chooser" system that others have gone down (e.g. StyleXP, Icon Packager, CandyBar).

Whilst my engine can be re-used in a "theme chooser"-type software, it remains to be seen if there's a case for it.

A little question: When will there be a Server 2003 edition of XPize available?

Windows Server 2003 (both x86 and x64) is supported in the next release by virtue of supporting Windows XP x64 (as they're all Windows NT5.2). You can install it on WS2003 right now by adding the /ignorePackageCondition switch when launching from the command-line.

please add the windows embedded theme :whistle:

The Embedded theme is already included in the latest Beta, it's installed by default but isn't set as the default style because it really isn't that attractive (it's just a hue-shifted version of Royale).

I think I may have found a way to implement it, but there's no way I can get it done for the next (and hopefully final) xpize release. It's just that my "package" system is modelled on the idea of an "install and forget" paradigm, rather than the "theme chooser" system that others have gone down (e.g. StyleXP, Icon Packager, CandyBar).

Whilst my engine can be re-used in a "theme chooser"-type software, it remains to be seen if there's a case for it.

Don't worry and take your time!

I just think that this would be a really cool feature and I would really glad to see in xpize at any time - no need, that it has to be in the next release. :)

I'm having problems running this against a i386 directory. (I select the options i want to install, then when it prompts where to install - i select I386. The location that I select is a server2k3x86 cd copied to my hdd, I point it to the I386 directory)

I get repeated errors such as the following:

2009-07-14T20:43:50 - Error - Exception: - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders\msonsext.dll

Value cannot be null.

at Anolis.Core.Extensions.GetFile(DirectoryInfo directory, String relativeFileName)

at Anolis.Core.Packages.Operations.PatchOperation.I386Prepare(String path, String& workingFilePath, String& i386FilePath)

at Anolis.Core.Packages.Operations.PatchOperation.Execute()

at Anolis.Core.Packages.Package.Execute(PackageExecutionSettings settings)

It repeats this for every file it tries to modify. Any suggestions?

I'm having problems running this against a i386 directory. (I select the options i want to install, then when it prompts where to install - i select I386. The location that I select is a server2k3x86 cd copied to my hdd, I point it to the I386 directory)

I get repeated errors such as the following:

2009-07-14T20:43:50 - Error - Exception: - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders\msonsext.dll

Value cannot be null.

at Anolis.Core.Extensions.GetFile(DirectoryInfo directory, String relativeFileName)

at Anolis.Core.Packages.Operations.PatchOperation.I386Prepare(String path, String& workingFilePath, String& i386FilePath)

at Anolis.Core.Packages.Operations.PatchOperation.Execute()

at Anolis.Core.Packages.Package.Execute(PackageExecutionSettings settings)

It repeats this for every file it tries to modify. Any suggestions?

This is a known issue, fixed in my internal builds. Wait a few days.

Hmm, I'm getting a strange problem.

The installer showed me an error where it says that the package can be installed only on XP x86 SP3... But I AM installing it on an XP SP3 VM! :huh:

PS For the translation, there are some parts which actually I remember I translated but I see they're in english... Will look into it.

EDIT: here's a screenshot.

screenzwa.th.png

That is bizarre. I'm working on a little program that should help solve the problem, until then you can use the /ignorePackageCondition command-line switch to bypass the condition check.

Hi,

I've got the some error message, but I don't understand what you mean with "until then you can use the /ignorePackageCondition command-line switch to bypass the condition check."

Please can you tell me step by step what can I do to install the package without the error message? :thumbup

Thnx a lot!!! :hello: