redoing case cooling

Octopuss

I recently bought a new board, Gigabyte EP45-UD3P, and started new wave of overclocking.The trouble is that NB gets very hot and CPU doesn't like it much either.

Now some facts.

board - as above

CPU - E8400

case - Antec P182

I would like to keep the CPU passively cooled just like it has been till now. What I need to figure out is airflow through the case. I can mount up to three fans in the case - in the middle of the front (1), on top of rear side (2), and on top of the case, near the rear side (3).

Until now I only had one fan blowing the air out of the case in the 2 slot. It is not enough with the recent changes. I need to figure out right combination of fans.

The front slot is pretty much useless, I tried to mount a fan there that would suck cooler air into the case, but I could barely feel the flow. Doh.

Other attempt was just one outtake fan in the 3 slot. The idea was that hot air blows up, so a fan in there would be effective. Unfortunately not, because the CPU heatsink is mounted in wrong (for this purpose, technically it is right) direction and the temperature went up to unbearable numbers.

Both slots 2 and 3 used as outtake didn't work too well either.

What I currently have is fan in slot 2 (the rear) blowing out and 3 sucking the air in. What I don't like about it is that the fans are very close to each other and the air circulation is far from ideal - at least I'd say. Temperature-wise it's pretty ok. Air is being blown straight on the CPU heatsink and the temperature in load is quite acceptable. The NB is still hot as hell, but it doesn't give me any trouble - I just don't like it in general :P

edit: One more thing I dislike is that the intake fan as it is now will result in tons of dust all over the inside of the case over time, which is something I absolutely hate and tent to avoid as much as I can. Some kind of dust filter added comes to mind, but that also lowers the airflow I guess, not to mention it might make the fan unmountable, because the little hooks which hold the fan to the upside of the case are quite small.

How would you go about this?

Thanks for input.

Edited by TheWalrus

My opinion is 2 and 3 should be suckin air out one is suckin air in plus the power suplly fans have one suckiking in and the top one pulling the air out into the case!.you may need a hard drive cooler that mounts in a 5.25 bay for a extra in fan so you have a cross draft at the top of the case.