FAQ: What is the UAC? - Part2

Hi Andre, here's is my issue:

I'm trying to run that program in a user account, is there a way to work around the admin password that pops up every time or does the scheduler just doesn't care about the fact that an admin created the task? and I will never be able to run that program in the user's account unless I give that person the admin password :s

Edit the task inside the Task scheduler and select "Run only when user is logged on"

Hi Andre, great! It will start OK now without the UAC message - thanks. Now, how can I get it to auto-start when I start up the computer? I tried pinning the shortcut to the start menu but it does not start. Thanks again in anticipation.

copy the shortcut the the following folder:

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Fantastic!!!! I still get the fleeting message in a window that is hard to read just before the app starts, but start it does, and seems to run just fine. Many many thanks for your advice - much appreciated:-)

A friend suggested using Camstudio2.0 to record what was happening on the screen and it captured the elusive message which says "SUCCESS: Attempted to run the scheduled task" followed by the task name. Is there a way to suppress this message - i.e., stop it from appearing? Thanks again.

Edited by Necuima1

• 3 weeks later...

As per the message above...

A friend suggested using Camstudio2.0 to record what was happening on the screen and it captured the elusive message which says "SUCCESS: Attempted to run the scheduled task" followed by the task name. Is there a way to suppress this message - i.e., stop it from appearing?

Thanks in anticipation.

• 1 month later...

Hi Andre

This is may be too late for the thread but shortcut works fine from desktop (THANKS) but not from Startup

I've checked it in there from both the link above and also / All Programs / Startup

Not sure if you have had this problem before with any of your programs

• 3 weeks later...

With a bit of trial and error, this works for me. And it worked inside the Startup folder as well. One question though and I suspect this may be a problem with the software I'm launching. In properties, I have "run/Minimized" selected but it does not minimize. Is there any fix for this? Or it is what it is?

I'm running Vista Home. And the software is called Active Home Pro (X10 Home Automation software0.

Thanks

Lee