iastor.sys corrupted after slipstreaming through nlite

jaysaini

Hi.

I am a newbie.

I recently purchased a dell studio 1555 laptop which was preinstalled with vista home premium x86.I have 64 bit version.

I needed to downgrade my vista to xp as i need to run softwares like autocad and primavera.On doing so i faced BSOD.

On searching I came to know it is due to my sata harddisk which my xp is unable to detect.

so i need to install my raid controllers through F6 mode while installing xp.

I do not have a floppy drive nor can i arrange for one.

So i need to slipstream my xp cd through nlite as I dnt think i will be able to edit the registry correctly by myself.

Now the drivers dell gives for my sata hardisk are intel driver (intel ® ICH9M - E/M SATA AHCI CONTROLLER) and Samsung HM500LI 2.5 5400 S2 HDD.But both these drivers are in exe format.

so i went to intel matrix storage manager and downloaded the 64 bit drivers for my intel ® ICH9M - E/M SATA AHCI CONTROLLER and added the iastor.sys in text mode in drivers update using nlite ( i had no clue whether to put in txt mode or pnp mode)

I did nothing for the samsung drive

but now when I try to install xp through this slipstream cd with the driver, it says IASTOR.sys corrupted.

what mistake I am making

Is it possible to install xp in ide mode and then forcefully pinpoint to my driver after words using intel matrix storage manager and then restart in sata.Thats what a dell technician says.

I am in a big mess.. needing much help.

I know this issue can be solved only in this forum.thanks.