help with orbit downloader

hyde1113

You can make an SFX archive to install it if you extract the files with Universal Extractor. There are only two folders need it: The program files folder and the one in AppData\Roming which is called Orbit.

If you want, try my custom installer in MSI format (link in my signature). I just uploaded the latest version a while ago today.

You can make an SFX archive to install it if you extract the files with Universal Extractor. There are only two folders need it: The program files folder and the one in AppData\Roming which is called Orbit.

If you want, try my custom installer in MSI format (link in my signature). I just uploaded the latest version a while ago today.

thank you for your custom installer... hehe... thanks a alot...

unfortunately... it does not monitor downloads in firefox... any solutions?

Edited by hyde1113

As i use Flashgot extension with Firefox i set it to use Orbit. You can try to register some dll files in the installation folders to see if monitoring in Firefox works.

i tried registering dll files and nothing happens...

Then you need to use the original installer for that, but i don't know how to supress the windows that opens up after the installation. You can try /supressmsgboxes switches along with /silent /norestart /sp-

Other options is to monitor the installation for changes to see what is needed to enable browser monitoring.

• 6 months later...

The latest 3.0.0.0 and 3.0.0.1 just aggravate the previous with the app not remembering the columns state. I will hold my MSI installer until the developers solve that.

Also, I hope they implement a way to show/hide columns. A basic setting every app with columns must have nowadays.