Testing CAB Install

jmoeller

FIRST - Apologies for posting as I am certain this is answered on this site. My excuse - I am working in Zambia and Internet access is horrid and searching is slooowww.

I am creating an nlite CD for a couple of school computer labs running XP. I am creating my own CABs using instructions found on this site. I am hoping there is a way to test the CAB files I have created without having to create a CD and do a full install. I know that is the only REAL test, but I am looking for a solution that will allow me to copy the CAB files I have created into a VM running XP and using them to install the software so I can check and ensure I have the basics correct.

Is this possible? If so, how?

Pointers to existing threads are welcome but a direct email to jonathan_moeller (at) hotmail (.) com would be ideal.

Thank you in advance,

Jonathan

Most VMs will allow the mounting of ISO files as virtual CD-ROM drives. This can shorten OS installation times from over 45 minutes to less than 15 minutes due to the speed difference between CD and hard drive read and access times. Just add your addon to nLite's hotfix section, create an ISO file, and mount the ISO in your VM.