RIP Michael Jackson

Tripredacus

I'm hoping this is false. If not, all hail the King of Pop one last time. You don't have to be one of his fans to respect what he did in his Music career. Yes he had a lot of other things that happened, I won't contest. I remember his music from the 80s very well because they remain as songs I grew up on.

http://www.latimes.com/news/la-me-michael-...0,6083460.story

I don't see how it could be false. There's hundreds of such articles on news.google.com right now. I just can't see every journalist out there not having done their basic homework on something so important.

Edit: Actually, it's on the news.google.com US front page right now, first article at the top, and it says "all 3,234 articles" right underneath.

I'm not a big fan of pop music, but it's a pretty big loss for the music world for sure.

I know. It hit me by surprise. Everyone knew he wasn't healthy, I mean look at him. Then again, I can see him pulling off a "back from the grave" tour, can't you? He was so out there. I've worked in the music industry and I'm still shocked.

• 4 weeks later...

Never Before Seen Footage

US Weekly just posted this never-before-seen video of an extreme mishap that ended in flames during Michael Jackson's 1984 Pepsi commercial.

The accident happened after the pyrotechnics went awry, causing sparks to hit Jackson's hair and explode into flames.

It is speculated that this accident was the beginning of the singer's pill addiction, as he was prescribed severe pain pills after suffering third degree burns to his scalp and face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j2wpqEsX14

It's real easy to blame an "incident" as a cause for a drug addiction. In the end, we are responsible for the decisions we make. If after the recovery, Jackson continued to use pills, he is responsible for his own fate.