I'ts a Mac

D_block

so the other day, i'm in the mall checking out a windows xp machine ( virus problem ) i think for a store that i did networked.. anyways, in the back room, right behind me with a big window in it , is the DJ, radio/club DJ with his mac book organizin his lil playlist i guess..

Now i dont want to go calling the stores name, but its a sort of rasta man store sels all king of hemp products etc, so we have a lil back ground reggae music playin to compliment the store ... then two customers not local walks in and likes the music ... let me try an dialog this

Customer : wow, i like this music , who is it

Manager : one of our local reggae artiste

Customer : can i get a copy of it or so

Manager : thats no problem, we all about promoting the culture..

manager turns to the DJ ,( lets call him DJ "X" )

Manager : do you have a burner there ?

Dj X : yes i do

Customer : would it take long, ? we kinna running late !

Manager : would it take to burn ?

DJ : of course not , its a Mac you know, its Mac

ME : ?!? :blink:

up to this day i never new being a mac meant u can burn cd's faster , i always thought it was the hardware that determined how fast u burn cd's etc

yes its kinna long , but some one shed some light !

up to this day i never new being a mac meant u can burn cd's faster , i always thought it was the hardware that determined how fast u burn cd's etc
LOL, it doesn't. I have a MacBook Pro and burning CDs/DVDs on it isn't any faster than doing it on a regular PC with the same specs. :lol:

Haha this should be in the funny farm :lol: The DVD drive is the main speed factor while burning disks so on a PC you could have a x22 burner but on the mac maybe just a x8 burner. The PC would be a lot faster but it works either way round. You don't hear me saying macs can never get hacked or get viruses thats for sure!

You don't hear me saying macs can never get hacked or get viruses thats for sure!
The only reason they aren't being hacked/exploited more than PCs is because there just aren't as many Mac users out there. Think about it. :whistle: There's no point in creating a virus or worm that's only going to affect <20% of computers out there.

You don't hear me saying macs can never get hacked or get viruses thats for sure!
The only reason they aren't being hacked/exploited more than PCs is because there just aren't as many Mac users out there. Think about it. :whistle: There's no point in creating a virus or worm that's only going to affect <20% of computers out there.

Spot on. Thats exactly what I tell people that say Macs never get viruses. :yes:

Spot on. Thats exactly what I tell people that say Macs never get viruses. :yes:

Well, in a way, they *are* right... There really aren't that many Mac viruses out there - only a handful. :rolleyes: And the ones that do exist require that you enter your username/password to be installed. :lol:

Well, in a way, they *are* right... There really aren't that many Mac viruses out there - only a handful. :rolleyes: And the ones that do exist require that you enter your username/password to be installed. :lol:

However if people did start making viruses for macs they could get them easily. Haha I used a method I can't remember exactly (involved pressing some keys at bootup then typing some stuff in the command prompt) to create a new admin account on a mac at school. Pretty funny and made them put a password over the firmware or something :lol:

Edited by Zenskas

True - it's the same reason you find viruses for Windows that *don't* target the Win9x users. Considering the flat-memory model of Win9x, and the fact that any app on the system is "admin" and can write to kernel, you'd expect with such an easy target that you'd find more viruses targeting Win9x. So why not? Because why attack such a small market when you can get the XP/Vista/etc market, and get the most "bang" for your virus dev "buck" (not to mention the virus toolkits out there for the script kiddies are all for Windows).