New Win98/ME game in 2009 ?

Rjecina

Only Windows 98 users can imagine my surprise with discovery of game published in 2009 which is working on windows 98 ???!!!!

OK if we look data about game it is working on Windows ME, but it is close enough and maybe I am mistaking that it will work on Win 98 with patches.

In the end it is not important which sort of game this is (name is Restaurant Empire 2)

Windows 98 is still alive :)

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/index.php?opti...&Itemid=245

Edited by Rjecina

Why not? Many modern small casual games will run on Windows 98, though Win98 support is not written officially. I'm playing Plants&Zombies on 98 now, though the game says that it wants XP.

Its generally the large scale games that dont have 9x support anymore. However I do remember that I was able to get Trackmania Nations Forever to run on half the system requirements just fine once I installed KernelEx to fix up the unicode error.

I even tell you more, this Plants&Zombies game of 2009 year doesn't run on my Vista PC, only on my 98 PC :)

On my Vista PC it cannot find some function in bass.dll. Isn't it funny?

Upd:

Solved this problem. It occurred because Vista prefers dll from Windows\System32 even if the right dll is in the folder with the game itself. And Vista dll was too new :D

Just made the backup copy and replaced the dll in Windows\System32 and it worked. But I didn't need to do anything like that on Windows 98, it just run. The game of 2009 year suits more for Windows 98 than for Vista. I definitely like this game :D

Edited by M()zart