Service Pack 2 and MUI

Neo - Matrix

Hi Guys,

I've just formated my Notebook (HP DV5-1250US), and made a clean Windows Vista Ultimate with SP1 disk.

Wow, that was really great, after that i just run the first update ( Windows Vista Service Pack 2 ) WAVE 0 file, i just grab from Microsoft Site.

Until now everything is OK.

But i'm Brazilian, so i want the MUI in to change it to Portuguese Brasil.

OK, windows Update Shows me 36 Different Languages to setup, just download de 336 MB files of Brazilian MUI ( PT-BR ) but, windows says can't install because it's a unsupported version !? :o

How the hell windows can download himself an unsupported version of MUI !?

Anything wrong !?

i think some of the MUI Packages have yet to be 'updated' thus are actually for sp1.

However if the force is strong with you, google will be your best friend in finding 'SP2' MUI packages wich will match your language (since most of them havent actually been 'officially' been released by M$)

Edited by joontje86

i think some of the MUI Packages have yet to be 'updated' thus are actually for sp1.

However if the force is strong with you, google will be your best friend in finding 'SP2' MUI packages wich will match your language (since most of them havent actually been 'officially' been released by M$)

Yeah i Known it ...

But it's but this is strange i must say it's a bug in my point of view ...

If it's not ready, since only wave0 released, why to show up MUI in WU if does not match version...

Yeah i Known it ...

But it's but this is strange i must say it's a bug in my point of view ...

If it's not ready, since only wave0 released, why to show up MUI in WU if does not match version...

yeah its surely not intended by microsoft, tho their fix for this is probably just updating the MUI packages on the updater. wich in turn will take some time.

ps: i PMed you a little something that might be of assistance.

Edited by joontje86