Remove Components Section.

Ron475

As a newbie I think it best to leave this section alone but could someone please help me on these:

Drivers for Ethernet, Printers and Scanners.It says if you install drivers for these components after installing windows it is recommended you select these for removal.

The only driver I have included in the slipstream is the network driver. I have a couple of Epsom printers and a Medion Scanner which use there own drivers so I assume I have to remove the components?

The Messenger comment is interesting 'Transmit net send and Alerter service messages between clients and servers.This service is not related to Windows Messenger. This service is often used by spammers to display unwanted popup message boxes. What are 'clients and servers' in relation to the home user because it would appear this would be a good thing to delete.

Ron475, you don't 'have' to remove anything. NLite allows you to reduce the size of your install package (and decrease the install time), but there is no requirement to do so. You as a home user are a client to all the servers you connect to and use. I agree with you that Windows Messenger is probably a good thing to remove and I do remove it. If you have a specific problem, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

Hey Ron475

Do not take out SCSI/Raid drivers & Sound Controllers in driver section

Do not take out Printer Support in Hardware section

The rest You have to try out as it changes from computer to computer

icy

Thanks for the replies. I have decided to leave the Remove Components section alone.

In the Unattended Section it has found a previous installation and although I can change the settings there is no way I can save them without completing the installtion. Is that correct?

Ini file attached Last_Session.ini

Ron475, that says nLite has been run against the source before. This can lead to unpredictable results and I recommend that you start over with a fresh copy of your CD folders/files. Please see my first reply again. Enjoy, John.

In the Unattended Section it has found a previous installation and although I can change the settings there is no way I can save them without completing the installtion. Is that correct?

Yes. There is no way to save anything in nLite without actually launching the process as that is the moment the ini files are created. :no: