Vista Migration

g00gle88

Hello,

I'm currently running windows xp sp3 and I'm thinking of migrating to vista... I'd like to get your opinion on this.

Here's what I do most in my computer

* Play online MMO RPGs and some other desktop games.

* I do study some programming as well (PHP to be specific)

* Watch movies sometimes

Cheers,

g00gle88

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, definitely check the specs on your machine with vista compatability as thatll be a major issue if you try to install.

in my own (probably very personal opinion) vista is in alot of ways worse than xp, it came default with both my machines and the first two hours i spent with vista are to date some of the most painful computer related experiences in my life.

i say just be wary if it... unless youre reasonably confident in your abilities to disable useless security features and popup notifications, i dont personally reccomend it

Cc

Vista has probably earned the distinction of "worst OEM OS loads of an OS ever" with all the horrid drivers and crapware, and god-awful design decisions chosen. I also have a few OEM machines running Vista, but I am glad they were Dell machines and came with a real OS install disc. I've found Vista to be quite fine, but they were all wiped and reinstalled (I tried the OS that shipped, and on all 3, it was awful - reinstall clean with latest drivers, works great... go figure!?).

Vista has probably earned the distinction of "worst OEM OS loads of an OS ever" with all the horrid drivers and crapware, and god-awful design decisions chosen. I also have a few OEM machines running Vista, but I am glad they were Dell machines and came with a real OS install disc. I've found Vista to be quite fine, but they were all wiped and reinstalled (I tried the OS that shipped, and on all 3, it was awful - reinstall clean with latest drivers, works great... go figure!?).

I only install Vista, the drivers and OfficeReady. :sneaky:

but if you buy complete PCs/Notebooks they are full of useless Trial and Shareware just to make the Hardware s cheap as possible. Software writers pay money to OEMs that they install their Software on complete PCs. If you want a clean and fast PC buy it you own or buy a PC which is not cheap as possible. Better spend a few 100€/$ more and have a fast clean PC.