CD Drive Gone

right click my compuiter and go to manage, make sure the drive is not just in an 'unassigned' state.

We had a similar issue that occured due to my diskpart script running

select volume 0
assign letter=z noerr
exit

on a system that does not detect the cd drive as volume 0 and was atttempting to assign volume 1 and 2 in order of detection. Are you doing anything up front with your partitioning activities that attempts to set drive letters?

right click my compuiter and go to manage, make sure the drive is not just in an 'unassigned' state.

We had a similar issue that occured due to my diskpart script running

select volume 0
assign letter=z noerr
exit

on a system that does not detect the cd drive as volume 0 and was atttempting to assign volume 1 and 2 in order of detection. Are you doing anything up front with your partitioning activities that attempts to set drive letters?

But how to use this script

Please help me

Its urgent

Edited by Yzöwl
overlarge font size reduced

If you just want to know how to run this script, use the following command:

diskpart /s script.txt

U mean use this command in runonceEx & use above script as script.txt

Is this right otherwise explane in details Please

THANKS FOR INFO

I don't think so. What iamtheky is saying is that he got similar problems than yours when he was using this diskpart script that assigns z: letter to drive 0 (CD), and system was reasigning the rest of the drive letters because of that. He is only pointing to a possible cause.

I don't think so. What iamtheky is saying is that he got similar problems than yours when he was using this diskpart script that assigns z: letter to drive 0 (CD), and system was reasigning the rest of the drive letters because of that. He is only pointing to a possible cause.

Then What is the proper solution

Please give me detailed Explanation it's urgent

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Don't know what's the cause. But I'll try to use diskpart to assure the system detects CD-ROM volume and if this happens to try to assign a letter to that, this way:

1. Run 'cmd 'or open a console

2. Run 'C:\>diskpart'

3. Run 'DISKPART>list volume' , and notice wether diskpart see the CD-ROM or not, and if it has a letter assigned.

If it see CD-ROM but don't have letter assigned do:

1. Run 'DISKPART>select volume #' ,with # as you CD-ROM vol number as listed previously.

2. Run 'DISKPART>assign'

3. Run 'DISKPART>list volume' to check.

Edited by strel