LG GH22NS50 Bluebirds Removal Tool

Personally I think whoever green lighted this annoying piece of adware to be embedded into these drives should be promptly fired.

Thank you, and I agree. As a reseller I was shocked to discover we were selling PC's with this crap embedded in it. Fortunately our system builder caught it immediately. We'll no longer be carrying LG drives until they discontinue this practice, and perhaps will being carrying an alternative. This is a disgusting practice and I'm really disappointed in LG.

Thanks for the tool, Spiff. We just bought two drives for some users over here and one of the techs freaked out whe she saw it. If it wasn't removed the users would inevitably have installed it and claimed ignorance of how it got there.

For those who are complaining that it isn't working. It didn't work for me either at first. I discovered that it does nothing while the "bluebird" image is loaded for Windows to see. In other words, either eject the tray and leave it open or place a disc in the drive before running. Afterwards it should not show up when the tray is closed and empty.

THANK YOU! This was my first LG optical drive purchase, actually listed as a GH22LS50. I found a firmware download link on the LG website, but everything to download as of 7-16-2009 it is greyed out.

http://www.lge.com/us/support/product/supp...product-profile

Your solution worked. I have previously stuck with Lite-On/PLDS, ASUS, and sometimes Samsung, but found this cheap on Newegg and bought it. Glad I caught it before it ended up in the customer's hands! Curses, LG, what were you thinking?

you do not need this to take bluebird off the drive when it asks you to install say i disagree the there is a bubble in the next window that say one week and another that says never click never and it will not come up again

Used this tool, worked perfectly. BYE BYE BLUEBIRD! Won't let this bluebird software keep me from buying LG Products. I will just research the product a little more before I layout the money. This drive is fast and quiet. Thanks to spiff for sharing this little utility, you saved LG Support from a righteous cussing on Monday. :thumbup

Thanks very much, the utility worked fine for me. The only thing left is that the label of the DVD unit in Windows Explorer remains to show as "BlueBirds" when the tray is empty, but this is a minor annoyance.