LG GH22NS50 Bluebirds Removal Tool

Argh. I bought one of these drives specifically intending to remove the bluebirds crap immediately, but the removal too doesn't work for me! T_T Does it only run on 32 bit operating systems or something? Is there any other way to delete these files from the drive's firmware? I can't get stupid vista to let me edit the firmware at all, and LG's website doesn't even have a product listing for gh22ns50. :realmad: Please help!

Argh. I bought one of these drives specifically intending to remove the bluebirds crap immediately, but the removal too doesn't work for me! T_T Does it only run on 32 bit operating systems or something? Is there any other way to delete these files from the drive's firmware? I can't get stupid vista to let me edit the firmware at all, and LG's website doesn't even have a product listing for gh22ns50. :realmad: Please help!

There is no other way that I know of to remove Bluebirds from the drives other then this fix.

I don't have any systems here with Vista 64 that I could test with, but I would think the tool would run under Vista 64, you may need to run it as Administrator for it to work.

awesome job..... I have 3 of them for some systems for a customer, no way on earth I could deliver them with this bluebird crud

thanks again :thumbup

That is why I went through so much trouble to get this fix from LG, you had 3 of them, I have over 50 most of which were going to military customers who don't like extra bits of software hanging around in their systems :crazy:

i too have this drive with this god forsaken blue bird crap. And i can confirm that the tool does not work on vista x64. I have tried running it normally and as an admin. It's still there.

i too have this drive with this god forsaken blue bird crap. And i can confirm that the tool does not work on vista x64. I have tried running it normally and as an admin. It's still there.

I ran it on Windows 7 x64 without an issue. This will not remove software that has already been installed...for that, go to msconfig. This will just stop the pop ups from the firmware to install whenever the drive is closed.

On a side note, the removal tool worked great! Thanks for this.