driver.cab error

gneville

Hi all,

This might be very simple but I've built my slipstreamed .iso a few times, and burned it a couple of times (slow speeds) but I can't install windows from it- I get errors during the 'copying files needed for setup' part.

Namely - driver.cab, but others too.

Cheers

Welcome at MSFN Forums!

Your issue may be caused by a bad CD/DVD media or by having burnt it with to much speed.

Thanks for the reply, I tried burning slowly and it didn't help.

Is it possible that the original XP disc was 'read' too quickly?

Thanks for the reply, I tried burning slowly and it didn't help.

Is it possible that the original XP disc was 'read' too quickly?

What sort of "original XP disc" are you using?

It should be a complete XP CD (with a directory named "i386") and not a Recovery CD.

gneville, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. How are you burning the CD - with nLite or other program? Enjoy, John.

gneville, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. How are you burning the CD - with nLite or other program? Enjoy, John.

Thanks for the John, I was creating the ISO with nlite then burning with CDBurnerXP. . should I be burning WITH nlite? Thanks.

gneville, I use nLite and have never had a problem. I think it is more important to understand what you are doing (Last Session) and that you are not running nLite more than once against the same source. Exactly what is the error you are getting? Please post a screen shot, if you can. Enjoy, John.

Hey gneville

Fernando 1 is right when he says to start with good media.its very important

Windows is so complicated and Nlite is so good in eleminating parts of windows and

there are so many different computer hardware that is is nearly impossible to

get a satifying working Nlited windows the first times.

Try to eleminate a few parts at a time, if it works,elimanate a few more,

untill you get ik as you wish,

it can take you from a few days up to a few months, depending how good you are.

But once you got a good workong Nlited windows,it is easy to update it with the

same settings, as I do.

My iso is 163,116 MB , wmp11 incl,without addons & drivers,framework & directX,

all the programs i need working

icy

gneville, a quick look shows you are running nLite under Vista to create an XP ISO. This will not work for integrating an SP (for sure) and may not work overall. Please either run under an XP system or install XP on a virtual machine and run nLite there. Enjoy, John.

The source files in XP folder should be checked first. Open the driver.cab and/or sp3.cab in your XP source folder with WinRAR and press [ALT]+[T] for testing the cab archive. I guess your cab files are corrupted...