App to enable Proxy in a non-proxy app?

I have an app (dpgenc) who connects to the internet to download a file from a URL (youtube). However, the app does not support proxy connection.

I remember some time ago I downloaded some application (similar to http-tunnel) from which you could "open" another executable application and provide a tunnel.

Now, I do not need a tunnel but only to "capture" the network calls from this app (dpgenc) and direct them through the proxy I have configured in the Windows Internet Options. My proxy allows SOCKS and HTTP connections, so there is no permissions problem.

Is there an app that can achieve that? or is it possible to do that on windows XP?

If you are Using Vista or Windows 7 (which i assume your not from the mention of XP) i wonder if there is a Shim that can do this? (As in intercept the traffic from that program destined for the default G/W and send it to the proxy instead?)

Alternatively for XP, just some App running a filter driver to redirect traffic would surely be able to do this. Im not 100% sure a shim could do this as its not a typical type of use i'v seen... Anyway there's 2 ideas to get you started let us know what you come up with :)

Edited by eyeball