Can Delete Backup Folder?

underxp

normally the backup folder is about 500-600mb in size, after vlite it shrinks to about 366? so if vlite could delete some contents then i shouldnt see why you couldnt clear it completely?

Confirmed: I apply 5 post-SP2 updates to Vista Home Premium SP2 Spanish MSDN, while vLite was working I delete ALL content from Backup Folder: Windows Vista install OK, WU run OK and detect only 3 updates (IE8, one for Media Center and Anti-Malware June 2009)

Why Microsoft apply SP2 and left over about 400 MB in the Backup Folder ?

Dead0, I am a bit disappointed with Vista. See this (both with 512 MB Pagefile size without Hibernation file and heavy vLite reduction):

1) vLited Vista SP2 Home Premium Spanish MSDN x86 (deleted backup folder): 2.4 GB (2.35 GB without apply 5 post-sp2 updates)

2) vLited Seven Ultimate 7229 English x86 (dead0 mini-guide): 2.35 - 2.6 GB

I thought that Vista SP2 could be shrinkred to 1.5-1.8 GB. Vista SP2 setup was MORE SLOWER that Seven Setup (I'm testing in VMWare)

My Conclusion: not worth installing Vista (including SP2).

setup is faster because MS removed some components and moved drivers to WindowsUpdate.

The faster startup is based on optimizations inside the kernel which make it able to load several services parallel not serial like in all prev Windows version and triggered start of services.

This has nothing to do with the WinSxS (Backup) folder.

Edited by MagicAndre1981