Windows ME Printer?

tka1234

Hello All, :hello:

My dad has this Windows ME computer and a HP Deskjet Printer. The printer recently broke and now it can't print green ink. It's not the cartridge because when we tried a new ink cartridge, it still didn't print green. It's really old anyway and my dad would like to replace it. However, looking around in our local store turned up no ME-compatible results. Do you know of a printer that works with ME that's on the market today (preferably an all-in-one printer/scan/copy)? Where can we get one? If there isn't one, I'll have to get a new printer and give my dad my current one, as it works with Vista and ME (it's from 2005).

Oh, and if I get a new one for myself, what kind of all-in-one should I get, under $100?

Before you purchase, check the manufacturer's website for the model in question. Many times the drivers for 9x/ME will still be available for download even though the printer itself doesn't say so.

Well, when my printer wented I just brought the same model since the ink is still in use today, and is cheaper then other models.

I turned to ebay for this. The newer printers have nice features but I feel safer with the printer I have only sporting a flash input and usb connection. I feel like I can take the new printers and break them over my leg.

Then maybe you do need a wireless printer for some reason.