How do i enable windows 7 online driver update?

PlayWithFire

This is killing me. I just installed windows 7 again, and it's not recognizing my RAID. Last time it worked just fine, cause it got the drivers online. This time, i don't think it's even looking for them online. How do i enable online driver update?

Thanks!

Go to System Properties > Hardware tab > Device Installation Settings

or

Device Manager > item Properties > Update Driver > see pic...

post-12166-1245487504_thumb.png

I believe I've read on another forum where leaked builds might break updates. If you feel like experimenting, see what happens using the official RC (if that's not what you're using).

Thanks for your offer, but i did manage to get it working. I just went to driverpacks.net and downloaded the pack for mass storage. Extracted, pointed the driver update to that folder, and it did the trick.

The reason i asked this here in the first place, is that with the beta, it managed to find the drivers online. I ended up getting rid of beta and went back to XP for a while, but the RC1 called to me again. It was disappointing that it didn't find all the hardware automatically, and i didn't want to bother tracking down the exact driver, and was hoping that windows update would do that for me.

Thanks for your offer, but i did manage to get it working. I just went to driverpacks.net and downloaded the pack for mass storage. Extracted, pointed the driver update to that folder, and it did the trick.

The reason i asked this here in the first place, is that with the beta, it managed to find the drivers online. I ended up getting rid of beta and went back to XP for a while, but the RC1 called to me again. It was disappointing that it didn't find all the hardware automatically, and i didn't want to bother tracking down the exact driver, and was hoping that windows update would do that for me.

Glad you solved it yourself, With Win7 going rtm soonish it might be working better :)

I've been using windows 7 on my netbook for months now, and there it works pretty well.

On my PC however the Beta was really screwy, and constantly chewed up 90% of my CPU. Since i only put RC1 on it a few days ago, and i am still loading all my applications back on it, it's too early to tell if it's going to be stable engogh.