Booting BOOTMGR from syslinux/UBCD?

delicatepc

hey edge,

goldstick 1.41 should work with syslinux 3.83. Im fairly sure i tested with it.

are you running goldstick command after you update the syslinux.exe file? this should be irrelevant but thought I would ask.

out of curiousity what changes are you trying to get into goldstick? a month or so ago I sent an updated set of files to add to goldstick to the share. have you tried a complete fresh install of gs onto a usb stick? and are you using usb stick or hdd?

dpc

I'm using a USB stick. First I tried just copying the updated syslinux files onto my flash drive and when that didn't work I ran the Goldstick.cmd command to reinstall all the files with the updated syslinux files. The changes I'm trying to make are loading a WIM file that has WinRE/ERD Commander for Win 7. Do you still have access to the MS network? If so I could share out my version of the goldstick.

Still working on edge with this but i think i know what is happening...

Sandisk or specifically usb sticks with the U3 software may be causing the issue with their multiple partitions kind of setup. I believe U3 would have to be removed BOOTMGR to successfully located the BCD.

I have tried edge's build and works normally for me.

dpc

• 4 months later...

Hi, I have got a question about the tutorial. I would like to add Active Boot Disk and ESET SysRescue to my multiboot DVD (which I'm creating using http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=21956&hl=have+the+same+Joliet+name ). I runed the script on Windows XP, and I got an error, that I haven't bcdedit command. I know, that the command is in Windows Vista and 7. My question is, if I can do my DVD on Windows XP or should I use Windows 7 or maybe there is an other method to add Bootmgr files to UBCD