Desktop Preference

D_block

So, how many of you guys here, those who dont have a problem with the new windows 7 taskbar , actually use it to its capabitity ?

And all the other features that are accesible from the desktop. Do you guys actuallu utilize them ?

whats ur preference ?

Personally i've unpinned all the icons in the task bar , remove all from desktop, and still using my rocket dock app. for such ...

i like my desktop plain for some reason , you guys can post some screenshots on your win7 desktop , lets see how u like it

post-138116-1245193105_thumb.jpg

i don't understand why you're not using a mac if you want it to look like a mac!!

yes, i pin program to taskbar b/c i use word, excel, firefox, and explorer often and the jumplists help in opening my recently used and pinned files.

yes, i use desktop icons ALL the time.

Probably likes the way the Mac looks but the way Windows runs. To each his/her own, I guess. I personally prefer a clean interface and the OS dock until Win7, now with the taskbar changes I actually prefer that. I still add the dock and compiz to my linux boxes to get an odd OSX/Win7 look too (I must be crazy - don't answer that, rhetorical ;)).

I don't know but I'm not convinced on the new taskbar yet. I have been using it since the build 7077 and now RC.

The one thing I don't like is that you can't switch to a previously opened windows if you have two or more in say, Windows Explorer icon. You need to pass over your mouse or click on its icon and then in the thumbnail. I would like it to switch to the last used window if you click the icon in the taskbar instead of showing you the thumbnails.

On the desktop I only want the recycle bin. In Vista I always use True Launch Bar to store my shortcuts and frequently used files/folders. I'm not using it on Windows 7 to get used to the taskbar.

Here's my current Windows 7 desktop on my test laptop:

post-52266-1245314329_thumb.jpg

Again, you can switch that off as I have done. Right click on taskbar and go to Properties. Then activate "Combine when taskbar full" and it will display the full taskbar button with text.

I actually like the combining stuff, my only complain being that it can't show the last used window of a program when clicking on its icon.

I will give it more time before I disable it and return to my loved True Launch Bar.

I will give it more time before I disable it and return to my loved True Launch Bar.

I haven't used True Launch Bar in months. I quit after Windows 7 allowed pinning programs to taskbar.

Let me know if it still works as smoothly as it used to.

i like the wallpaper actually, its simple , just the way i like things.. STOP Hating on my Wallpaper .. LOL

I don't hate you for your wallpaper. Just seems counterintuitive to support apple (if not the company, the logo), but use windows 7, then complain about windows 7 gui.

I haven't used True Launch Bar in months. I quit after Windows 7 allowed pinning programs to taskbar.

Let me know if it still works as smoothly as it used to.

I already test it and its working just fine. I'm not using it right now because I'm trying to get used to the pinning in taskbar, but so far, I see myself with TLB again i a week or two.

don't hate you for your wallpaper. Just seems counterintuitive to support apple (if not the company, the logo), but use windows 7, then complain about windows 7 gui

OK, 1 , not me the wallpaper, secondly, i support neither apple or their logo, but the pic is nice :rolleyes:

From the few times i've used mac i dont really like it ( my preference i.e) the layout , etc.. prefer linix an all to it again thats my preference to do with the basic layout and operating , but i must reiterate, the pic is nice :sneaky:

Screen Shots PPL , im always open to see ppl's layout !