Recycle bin position

crookadile

Hi,

When I install my nlited version of Xp the recycle bin is at the bottom right of the screen.

I was wondering if there was a reg tweak to position it at the the top left of the screen.

I tried using the following tweak I found in the forum but it does not seem to work, it still stays in the bottom right.

REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}]

@="Recycle bin"

Thanks in advance.

Edited by crookadile

The only way I know how is to have the icons auto arrange. You need to import this via local machine runonce as it wont take once you are logged on.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\1\Desktop]
;Auto Arange on, Align to Grid on:
"FFlags"=dword:00000225
;Sort by Modified:
"Sort"=dword:00000003

There's a post here somewhere that will show you all the possible settings.

crookadile, the original method you posted will work, if you make sure no icon is in the upper left corner, then run the registry file, followed by closing the Windows Explorer process and restarting it. Use the Task Manager to end the explorer.exe process and start it back up. You can also write a batch file to do this whole process. Enjoy, John.

crookadile, I had an idea. If you can find the keys for the other icons on your Desktop, delete them all, then add the keys back in, in the order you want them, top-to-bottom. Please let me know what you think. Enjoy, John.