Joining the domain with unattended installs

Here is one to share it seems Sysprep simply doesnt work in the RC's unless you stop the media player network service before running it..

I use an autoit script for this in the task sequence or wherever. I also turn it off at least for now while testing.

RunWait("cmd /c sc stop WMPNetworkSvc >> c:\minint\SYSPREP_FIX.txt",@TempDir,@SW_HIDE)

RunWait("cmd /c sc config WMPNetworkSvc start= disabled >> c:\minint\SYSPREP_FIX.txt",@TempDir,@SW_HIDE)

My next issue is trying to deploy a captured image in MDT (can we discuss MDT here or are we talking native unattend). I have a nice Vista working customsettings etc but it just wants to drop the image and login without any errors or actually joining the domain.

I can see my unattend.xml files all look good, no sysprep errors, no MDT errors that I can see. I had it all working too but seems to have gone backwards.

MDT is driving my nuts, I might ditch it and go native. I think you still get the sysprep issue though without MDT (as in work around above).

There are a lot of wee bugs it seems in MDT and WAIK beta's but then there where in the previous production versions also!