im not fully happy with the new taskbar

aviv00

Another one is that you can't pin folders with their own icon because you only get to pin them to Windows Explorer.
Well, technically that's true, because it's a folder and there's already a "folder" in the taskbar (Windows Explorer), which would be used anyway to open said folder. I understand what you mean (a direct link to a folder), but technically it's behaving as expected. Whether or not that's good, is probably up to the beholder. But for the sake of consistency, it is at least expected behavior.

Plus, you can pin certain folders to the jumplist for windows explorer, which I find quite useful.

Also using 'Use Small Icons' in the taskbar properties helped me, it might help you too.. (its too large by default, really!)

Agreed.

• 1 month later...
the new taskbar: It doesn't show the last used window of a given program when clicking on the icon.
That's right.

But you can switch to "never combine". Then the taskbar shows every single instance of every program. And with a registry entry you can disable the text of the icons - so you only have icons without text in the taskbar.

Taskbar-Nie-guppieren-MinWidth.png

As you see Windows 7 groups the icons of a program and the most right is the last opened program of a program group.

Another one is that you can't pin folders with their own icon because you only get to pin them to Windows Explorer.
You can pin folders to taskbar - with individual icon.