Outage Today

W3bbo

Just a heads-up: I'm moving my servers that the xpize/Vize/Anolis websites are hosted on to another datacentre today. I don't expect the downtime to last more than the 20 minutes or so it'll take to physically move them (it's literally down the road from the existing DC).

I'll see if I can post photos of the move too.

The move has been completed; it took longer than anticipated because the second server took a while to shut down (for reasons unknown). Setting up at the new DC also took longer as WS2008 doesn't accept plug-in USB hardware during logon so I had to use the onscreen keyboard.

Everything should be running like it was before, if there are any problems post them here.

I took photos of the move on my camera, but I'm not near a computer with a CF slot and I didn't bring my camera cable so you'll have to wait until tomorrow.

I wasn't able to take as many photos as I'd have liked (since y'know, I was there to move the servers).

The photos don't really give you the impression you get when you walk in there, Synergy House is a large DC (compared to the smaller Tier 1 places you see around), it's a 7000 square feet facility with the usual mod-cons and redundant facilities. It's also very loud (imagine a couple million quid's worth of servers filled with fans, yeah).

They're here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/w3bbo/sets/72157619757905347/