Windows XP installation problem

girish1026

Hi to all.

I would like to install Windows XP x86 SP3 edition on my PC. I turn on the PC, after completion of total booting, i placed XP CD on CD/DVD drive. Autorun is enabled. So Installation window came. When i click on "Install Windows XP" option it is simply showing an error as like this. "No valid system partitions were found. Setup is unable to continue." What this error message is and how it can be rectified.

Thanks

What do you mean by "install Windows XP x86 SP3 edition" ? What do you have at first, Win98 ? Vista? XP ? Home? Pro ? Do you want to replace it completely ("clean install")? or upgrade ? Or just replace the system files ?

Sounds like a file system problem to me. What file system is your primary drive? Windows XP only supports NTFS (recommended) or FAT32. Could be a RAID or SCSI issue as well. If you have RAID or SCSI set up, you will need to load the drivers prior to XP install.

A little more info about your computer and how you're trying to install windows would be more helpful.

Edited by broknindarkagain

( if your machine had SATA Hard Disk ) I think this copy of XP you have do not contain the SATA drivers ! booting can not find the SATA Hard Disk.

Try to disable SATA in your Bios. or use other Copy support SATA drivers,

I hope it helps.