bot on forum...

I've got an idea, when a member registrer, he need a code activation, and bots haven't a email...

It's weird because somes bots is created by AOL, see they bots internet site...

We already have that in place. And let me remind you again that the Win 9x forum isn't being spammed by a bot, it's a real, live human.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if it is a real live human, then I would have to say that it's a group based out of China...but since I don't have the IP addresses used, I can only guess. But seriously though people, ever heard of respecting other people's property?

Well, if it is a real live human, then I would have to say that it's a group based out of China...but since I don't have the IP addresses used, I can only guess. But seriously though people, ever heard of respecting other people's property?

What makes you think so? Retards are everywhere on this planet. It might as well be a banned user that's frustrated or something.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that this specific spammer is not from China. Think further east (I'd rather not say where).

I think you mean West ;).
Yes, that's what happens to me before having my daily dose of Tim Hortons coffee. The Earth's round, so whichever direction you go in, you'll end up back in the same place... eventually. :lol:

What makes you think so? Retards are everywhere on this planet. It might as well be a banned user that's frustrated or something.

Maybe I'm stereotyping, but I have found that alot of intrusion attempts on my network is from Asia, China specifically. And there's quite a bit from South Korea. I would have to say about 50% to 20%. The rest is from other places like Russia, Brazil, East Europe, even Africa.

I guess that's how being cynical warps your thinking. :whistle:

"How do you get a one armed MSFN hater out of a tree?"

"Wave at him :P"

Seriously though these guys need to get a friggin life. I even tried to help the dude when he first started postin his crap here.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

Maybe I'm stereotyping, but I have found that alot of intrusion attempts on my network is from Asia, China specifically. And there's quite a bit from South Korea. I would have to say about 50% to 20%. The rest is from other places like Russia, Brazil, East Europe, even Africa.

I guess that's how being cynical warps your thinking. :whistle:

If it were totally random, we'd probably jump to that conclusion also. It originally started with a member(s) that once belonged here, so that's one way we know where its coming from.

If this is the individual, or individuals I think everyone is conversing about (and I cannot think of anyone else it could be)....I even, earlier on, sent him a P.M----explaining how everyone here was quite willing to give him a chance; how if he followed a certain kind of protocol, and work ethic,

concerning projects etc----he might have the chance to belong here, as a member, and help the 9x community.

He responded, and actually conversed back in a very reasonable, and almost contrite manner: a glimmer of hope!

Now if this is the individual I think it is,

I am profoundly disappointed, and actually a little hurt by his continued onslaught against the most productive and talented members of this site.

I have lost all hope concerning him, and all respect which I was willing to offer, thinking he showed some enthusiasm, and potential, is...

Gone.

If he reads this, I would hope he reflect upon the words I am writing, as well those of others.

It's fine to be a tad corny, and silly now and then,

but there is absolutely no excuse at all, for meanspirited and malevolent treatment of others; those others being the very people that were more willing than ever to give him/them.....a chance to belong to something quite special.